Wednesday, January 22, 2014

36 Weeks!

Here we are at 9 months pregnant. It's hard to believe it's here already! We're about to be on official baby watch. It's exciting and overwhelming all at the same time! My appointment went well this morning and as of now my midwife doesn't think he's too big. Very good news. We scheduled my ultrasound for 38 weeks to give us a better idea of just how big he is... and then it's decision time. Please pray for us to make the right one. I'm starting to feel a little anxious not knowing. My first choice is a natural delivery, however, I do not want to experience what I did with Garrison. Clearly by body is not meant to deliver 8 pound plus babies. So, I'm hoping God gives us clear direction with what we should do. Preferably clearer than Austin's decision. Here's Austin's birth story in case you don't know the full story. ANYWAY, here's an update on baby Layton and I...
 
 
Pregnancy Highlights
 
How Far Along: 36 weeks! Let the countdown begin!

Size of Baby: About 17-19 inches and possibly over 6 pounds! About the size of a watermelon. Wow.

Total Weight Gained/Lost: 28 pounds so far... Must be all the ice cream I'm enjoying on a regular basis. =)

Maternity Clothes: As much as possible except for my pjs and comfy/stretchy pants.

Gender: Baby boy #3

Movement: He is still super active and loves rolling around all over the place in the evenings when I'm finally still. He's also feeling cramped lately... poor baby is running out of room. Extended trips in the car are not my friend.

Food Cravings: Ice cream is still very much DELISH, but I think I feel that way all the time, pregnant or not. I actually don't think I've had any true cravings lately. Although I am definitely loving water (which is my drink of choice for every meal and snack anyway... except breakfast) But I've been thirsty a lot and drinking tons of it. No idea what that's about.

What I Miss: Being comfortable. I'm not to the "miserable" stage yet or anything... and I don't think I've ever reached that stage with any of my pregnancies, but mama is rarely comfortable. I've felt more pains and pressure and discomfort and tightness with this baby boy than I ever did with the first 2. I get the feeling Layton might very well come all on his own... without any help... unlike his big brothers.

Sleep: Sleep is going okay. Not wonderful but not terrible. I wake up to change positions (which is often) and then usually fall asleep again quickly. Lately, my littlest man has been waking us up because he's coughing or congested and asking for drink or tissue or something. Then, once I'm awake it's hard to fall back asleep. We still have lots to do it feels like so my mind takes a while to slow down and relax again.

Symptons: Oh symptons, how numerous you've become. Haha. I'm tired a lot and go to the bathroom a lot. I feel heavy and out of breath easily. I'm also starting to have more frequent Braxton Hicks and feel lots more pressure and "pains" at the end of the day during the evening. Once I can kick up my feet and get comfortable on the couch my body relaxes again. Definitely one of my favorite times of the day. My back has started hurting at the end of the day too... and so have my feet. AND, a weird one, I wake up during the night with my right hand tingly or going numb. Then my fingers on my right hand may or may not feel tingly off and on during different times of the day. So strange. It's supposed to go away as soon as he's born. And it better because it's starting to drive me crazy. Okay, that's all I can think of.

Best Moment This Week: Our long weekend and accomplishing lots to prepare for Garrison's party and Layton's arrival. 

What I'm Looking Forward To: Celebrating with Garrison and getting my littlest man feeling better!
 
Austin's update at 36 weeks..

No comments: