Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Tour

This year I decided to participate in all the home tours with a Christmas "Open House". Welcome. =)

Our lovely home. Because it's Christmas and seemed fitting I found this picture from January 2011. Our last big snowfall. Maybe it'll happen again this Winter.
 
Now for our Open House tour... first up is our foyer table right inside the front door. I've had these decorations forever it seems like but I still really love them and this year I added two special photos on the table as well.  

A favorite of my boys for Austin's first Christmas.
 
And last year's hilarious Santa picture. This one's gonna be on display every year for a while.
 
Here's our living room

Our mantle (where we included a stocking for Layton). I reeeally wanted new garland this year that had some red and silver in it to match my tree and fancy things up a bit but there was none to be found. Anywhere. Apparently we have a crazy long mantle because we need 9 ft garland and just about all that's sold anywhere is 6 ft. Sigh.

Our tree
 
Two of my most favorite ornaments. The boys' "first Christmas" ornaments. My other most favorite is Terrell and mine's first Christmas ornament from 2005 when we got married. This year Terrell hung it way at the top... annnd I decided against climbing in a chair trying to photograph it.

 
Our "small couch" as we like to call it with our end tables full of Christmas decor. And can't forget the stash of Christmas books on the floor to the left.
 
Our nativity scene. Austin has rearranged everybody more times than I can count. He even put a wise man and sheep into his car a couple of weeks ago and was ready to drive off with them and play with them. It's a risk every year but I still put it out.
 
Our kid friendly table with the carousel they love so much and the countdown to Christmas chalkboard. Garrison changes the number for me every other day or so.
 
Our big couch and looking into our kitchen. I decided to do a few extra things on our bar this year that I've really enjoyed.
 
Our advent calendar that sits in a corner on our kitchen counter. The boys LOVE doing this every single morning. Garrison gets to pull out the magnet while Austin gets to pull out the Bible verse.
 
Our dining room table (and the table where we eat every meal.) It very rarely looks like this but when I don't have my wrapping station set up or the boys' crayons and coloring sheets everywhere it looks really nice, neat, and festive.
 
On to the boys' room... Their sports and transportation tree
 
Their dresser with a few decorative items...
 
 
I decided to display 2 of their little Christmas gifts they made at school in years past.
 
And a handmade nativity scene that was given to me the year I was born. (That would be 1983) So it's pretty special and always has a place in our home each Christmas.
 
I think that's about it. I didn't photograph every single room or Christmas decoration I have but I did do the biggies. So thanks for dropping by. =) 
 
PS... I don't have a Christmas card display this year because my second born is obsessed with photos and loved confiscating our photo cards out of the tray I had them in on our coffee table in the living room. Soooo. Next year I'm hoping to come up with something different.
 

No comments: