Friday, January 23, 2015

Friday Favorites: Short Week!

We loved having a short week this week. Having Monday off really is one of the best little treats!

The majority of our short week was pretty wonderful. We started our week well rested and refreshed. We enjoyed the nice weather. And we LOVED having daddy home all week. Unfortunately however, by Wednesday night both Austin and Layton had come down with yucky colds and Austin has an ear infection to go along with his. I can't even begin to tell you how grateful we were for our possible longest "well stretch" ever. It was glorious... until it was over. Haha. Two babies being sick and miserable just isn't fun. Wednesday night was super rough on everybody. (Well except Garrison who was peacefully sleeping and totally oblivious.) And Thursday just made for a looonnng day. However, we all slept through the night last night. Yay!! So we're hoping we've reached a turning point.

Here are my favorites from our short week...

*Sister love and selfie fun at my Nanny's party. =)  (That yellow thing clutched under my arm... that would be formula. Just keeping it real. Ha.)
*My shopping buddy on Sunday afternoon after everybody in the house woke up from naps. Awesomeness.
*My biggest boy has been in Kindergarten for 100 days! He had a fun day celebrating the milestone. =)

*In honor of the 100th day of school and Garrison getting to take 100 of something of his choice to school (he chose skittles), Austin wanted to count 100 skittles too for our school time. So we did. =) He did great!

*Outdoor stroll in pleasant January weather... yes please! (Although I still want to see some snow this year!)

*Our weather craft this week was an umbrella U. This was always our preschool craft for the letter U when I was teaching so it was fun doing it with my very own baby.
*The sunrise on this particular morning while taking Garrison to school was ah-mazing. This picture doesn't do it justice at all. The sky was on fire and God's beauty was on display. The big boys loved it. So did I!

*Garrison and I managed to sneak away last night (after a really rough day for mama) for Math Night at school. We loved all the math ideas we got and previewing what's coming in 1st grade. I'm glad we made the effort to go.

Tonight I'm looking forward to a girl's night for me (woohoo!) and then soaking up the rest of the weekend with my guys. Praying we all get well and stay well! Happy Friday!

No comments: