Monday, January 12, 2015

11 Months Old

My littest is 11 months old today. 11 MONTHS OLD!! Oh the craziness, oh the emotion! This time last year I was waddling and big and heavy and on the final stretch of my pregnancy, and today I have an 11 month old and we're on countdown to his first birthday. Time flies when you're having fun. =)

This month has been a good one. We celebrated Layton's first Christmas. We enjoyed the season with 3 little men. We slowed down and relaxed after Christmas. We chased down our super fast army crawler and watched him become an expert puller upper. And we started planning our baby's 1st birthday. I enjoyed this month lots and intend to soak up this next one as much as I can.

11 month pictures with his monkey! This month I had to be super fast because little man was busy! Thankfully he didn't take a dive off the couch. =)


 
Garrison at 11 months... my almost 6 year old. *Tear*
 
Austin at 11 months... my almost 3.5 year old. *Another tear*
 
11 Months Stats & Happenings...
 
*I really have no idea how much you weigh or how long you are this month. All I know is that you LOVE to eat, you feel heavier, and you have to be gaining weight. Have to. I'm hoping you weigh close to 18 pounds but we won't know for sure until you go back to the doctor or I can remember to try to weigh you at Granna and Papa's.
 
*You're wearing size 4 diapers now and are wearing all 12 months or 12-18 months clothes.
 
*We spotted another tooth this month! I keep thinking it's broken through but I can't be positive. It's still hard to feel but right there ready to show itself. =)
 
*You're still eating like there's no tomorrow. You love table food the most but we still do lots of baby food too. I think your absolute favorite things to eat are "snacks". You love puffs, crunchies, cherrios, crackers, and yogurt melts a LOT.
 
*This month we dropped your mid-morning bottle so now you take 3 bottles a day... first thing in the morning (8 oz), in the afternoon when you wake up from your nap (7 oz), and in the evening before bedtime (7 oz). Right now you're showing no signs of being tired of the bottle or too busy for it. I'm thinking it may be a little tough to go cold turkey with no more bottles on your first birthday like we did with your big brothers. This month we tried out a little cup with a straw that you seem to enjoy more than a traditional sippy cup. You'll only drink from it once you know you aren't getting anymore food though. You're just our little piglet right now. =) 
 
*You started back sleeping through the night every night this month! Yay!!!You go to bed around 7:30 and wake up anytime between 6:30 and 7:30. Over Christmas break you started sleeping til almost 8!
 
*Your naps are still a tad on the short side. Your morning nap is usually a little over an hour and your afternoon nap is about an hour and a half. Thankfully you're content to play once you wake up so that I can at least leave you in your bed for almost the full 2 hours. Naptime is important to mama so I'll take what I can get!
 
*You are pretty much into everything now! You're army crawling all over (with an occassional regular crawl mixed in) and pulling up everywhere. You're opening cabinets and all over the house and still putting any and everything you can get your hands on in your mouth. You are a busy boy most of the time. Although your big brothers keep you entertained lots. You love playing in their room with them. You also play really well with 8 month old Baby A when he's here. =)
 
*Both your big brothers had had their first haircut by 11 months but so far you aren't showing any signs of needing one just yet. Your hair is also way blonder than your big brothers. I'm curious to see what color and "kind" of hair you'll have. =)
 
*You are such a blessing to our family and we can't get enough of you! I even think your big brothers have embraced your mobility with patience and grace. Happy Birthday to the littlest member of our family! We love you more than you know!!


No comments: