Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Kick Off

Our Halloween was kicked off yesterday with a busy but fun day. It started with our Halloween parade at school. My Freddie Freeman and cuddly lion were both present and adorable.

My babies lined up ready to walk the perimeter of the church/school for the parade.

The parade was a success and we had great weather! A tad too warm for late October if you ask me, but since we've already had some super cold days I won't complain. My class of 3 year olds also had our class Halloween party. Our class moms really went overboard and the kids loved it. I was pretty wiped out afterwards... but we got to leave a little early because everyone signed their babies out following the parade. How nice!

Our afternoon was pretty laid back until we made a sort of last minute decision that we would attend the Fall Festival at our church. I was back and forth because of being tired and knowing we're having a big night on tonight, etc. but finally decided against being selfish and to just go and let the boys have fun.

(I later regretted this decision when Terrell got home late and I was feeding everybody, dressing everybody, and wrangling everybody on my own. In the end, it was worth it though.)

Austin couldn't do everything they had to offer at the Fall Festival but I still think he enjoyed himself. After we finished all the games we decided to have some popcorn and red koolaid. A big hit for 2 little guys. And both boys came home with bags full of fun size candy. It was short and sweet and perfect for our kiddos.
 
 
Today I'm helping throw Garrison's Halloween party at school and then we're off to B'ville for supper and our first traditional trick-or-treating experience... with the grandparents of course. Happy Halloween!!

No comments: