Tuesday, October 29, 2013

24 Weeks!

Today marks 24 weeks for Layton and I... and he is definitely making himself known. We've had a little bit of a crazy time pregnancy wise, but baby boy is healthy and mama is getting there so that's all good news. As we get closer and closer to meeting our newest little love I'm becoming a little more overwhelmed at what we've got to get done (specifically moving his big brother into his biggest brother's room so he'll have a nursery when he arrives) and a lot more excited about being introduced!
 
Pregnancy Highlights
 
How Far Along: 24 Weeks

Size of Baby: 11-12 inches and about 1.5 lbs... about the size of an ear of corn.

Total Weight Gained/Loss: I've gained 15 lbs total (I had my check up this morning so that number is 100% accurate.) Right now I'm totally content with my weight gain and I think I'll be okay with it from here on out as long my dress fits for my sister's wedding.

Maternity Clothes: Mostly. Although I recently discovered that bigger non-maternity sizes in tops actually fit better than anything. 

Gender: It's a boy!

Movement: He has become super active. It's not around the clock or anything it's just that when he's awake he's letting me know and all over the place. I am loving it.

Food Cravings: Food. Haha. I'm not having any specific cravings I just reeally like to eat and I'm hungry a lot.

What I Miss: Just the usual of being able to get around or up and down easily and quickly without feeling out of breath or uncomfortable.

Sleep: I'm doing much better in the sleep department and feeling back on track. Yay!

Symptons: Morning sickness is back. Yuck. Last Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday mornings I've thrown up. SO strange. The feeling has come over me super fast and then I go get sick and feel better and move on like nothing ever happened. I've also been sick with a sore throat and allergy issues. Not fun at all but not sure I can blame it on Layton either.  

Best Moment This Week: Feeling my baby boy move around and Garrison feeling him once too!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Getting me and Austin well (Austin has had a terrible cold) and trick-or-treating with family. =)
 
 
*Austin's update at 24 weeks

No comments: