Wednesday, June 1, 2011

24 Weeks

Saturday was the 24 week mark for us but I wanted to wait until my doctor's appointment yesterday before updating. Garrison went with me and it was quite an experience. It was supposed to be a simple, quick appointment but unfortunately they were extremely short-staffed (I'm guessing due to Memorial Day and people being off) so we had some long waits... in the waiting room and the examining room. The little man became really restless and I wasn't sure if we would make it through the appointment or not. Thankfully he did great while the midwife was in the room with me. He just didn't handle all the waiting so well. Anyway, here's my 24 week update:

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 24 Weeks

Size of Baby: 12-13 inches and about 1 and 1/3 lbs... still about the size of a papaya

Total Weight Gained/Loss: I've gained 17 lbs total. Whoa. It seems like so much, but I think I'm pretty much on pace to gain about the same amount of weight this pregnancy as I did with Garrison... which I think I'm okay with. The midwife was very reassuring and even glad I'd gained 17... me, not so much.

Maternity Clothes: I think everything but my comfy clothes are maternity now.

Gender: It's a boy!

Movement: He is still really active, especially in the evenings and before bed.

Food Cravings: Ice cream, popsicles, anything cold, and chocolate chip cookies are pretty high on the list too (looking at this list it's easy to see how I've gained 17 lbs!)

What I Miss: Not a whole lot, just being able to do things with Garrison without putting a strain on my back or feeling out of breath.

Sleep: I'm sleeping pretty good, although the strange dreams are back and keeping me from enjoying a deep, uninterrupted sleep.

Symptons: Twinges in my back, easily tired, slower moving (haha!)

Best Moment This Week: Terrell finally felt Austin kick a few times!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Our weekend away to celebrate our anniversary and enjoy time together (just the 2 of us, plus Austin) before we get ready to become a family of 4 =)






No comments: