Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter 2013

Easter weekend has been fun filled and exactly what I needed after an overwhelming and stressful week trying to get ready for our very busy Spring Break. It has been so nice to enjoy time with family, see my boys get extra play time and attention, and laugh hard with my crazy relatives. It was a much needed distraction that I am very thankful for.

We arrived in the hometown yesterday and enjoyed playing outside, helping Granna cook, and dyeing Easter eggs. Garrison had a ball. And today was just as fun. We had a wonderful service at church, then the Easter bunny had goodies waiting for the boys when we got home, and then we had a huge family gathering with tons delicious food for lunch. The boys loved it all, especially playing with their cousins, sampling yummy desserts, and hunting for Easter eggs. It was such a fun day for all of us.

Easter is so special because of what it means and the celebration of Jesus being alive, and I think each year it means something more to me. It has been especially precious to read the Easter story to my firstborn and then to hear him tell about the Easter story. He still doesn't know every detail but he does know the important ones. There is so much hope found in Easter and I am so grateful. What a blessing it was to worship in our home church this morning and to spend the day celebrating with family. God is good.


 
Happy Easter from the Selph Family!
 
*Please pray for us as we get ready to start the 2nd "leg" of our break tomorrow. =)

No comments: