Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Austin at 18 Months...Continued!

This morning we had Austin's 18 month check-up with our pediatrician, and so I'll always remember, I wanted to include his "stats" and what the doctor had to say about my littlest man. Plus, I forgot to include lots of things in his original 18 months post. I guess I was trying too hard when I sat down to write it because since then I've been amazed at all the things I left out. I guess I was just over thinking it. Since then I've been jotting down everything that comes to mind that I left out.... so hopefully I'm making up for it now!

Austin did great at his appointment. He was so calm and did everything without a fuss. He only had to get 1 shot and he cried hard and then got over it. I was so proud! He currently weighs 23 pounds, 1 ounce and is 30.5 inches long/tall. He is in the 15-20th percentile for weight and the 10th percentile for height. (Although when I went back and read about Garrison's 18 month check-up it seems like I might have the percentiles switched since the boys are closer in height at this age than weight.) Austin is still our little guy but perfectly healthy and proportionate. We actually weren't supposed to see much of a growth spurt at this check-up anyway. More than anything we are thankful he's healthy! And that he loves to eat! And that he sleeps all night! And takes good naps! And talks a bunch! We just have lots to be thankful for when it comes to our littlest love. =)

Now for some important things that must be documented...

*Austin loves to slide. Every time Terrell and Garrison are playing baseball in the backyard Austin wants mama to do nothing but put him on the slide, catch him, then put him back on the slide. Over and over and over again. It's one of his favorite things ever. He will slide 50 times in a row if you let him.
 
*Austin also loves pickles. He is his mother's child. =) One day Garrison and I were having one with our lunch and Austin demanded to have one as well. (For some strange reason I thought he'd spit it right out. I don't know why I thought that since I LOVE pickles and Garrison has loved them from a really young age too.) Anyway, since he got his first taste of a pickle he loves them now too.

*Speaking of meal times, Austin reminds us to say the blessing at every single meal. He folds his little hands together and grunts at us and makes noises until we acknowledge him and bow our heads to pray. Sometimes he even demands we say the blessing during the middle of our meal or possibly before snack time.

*Wagon rides are one of his favorite things.  

*He takes his socks and shoes off almost every. single. time. we get in the car. It drives me crazy. Sometimes we're literally in the car less than 5 minutes but getting those socks and shoes off are the first thing he does after he's strapped in. Ahhhh. Now we give him a couple of books in the car on the way to school or the grocery store or short little trips in hopes of a distraction so he'll leave them on. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You just never know.

*Getting rides from big brother is a fun hobby. Austin loves it. And can't wait for the day he'll be able to drive.

*His favorite inside hobby is playing with puzzles. He loves doing puzzles even though he can't really make the pieces fit all by himself yet. He always wants me or Garrison to do them with him multiple times a day. And, he loves sitting in a lap to play. Whether it's building or playing ball or putting puzzles together, his favorite spot to sit and play is in a lap. LOVE.

*Austin also loves peek-a-boo. He's really into doing it himself now. He covers his face with those sweet, chubby hands and then says peeaboo after he gives you the big reveal. Precious. I love watching and hearing him play this little game. It's too sweet.
*A few very important words I left out that he says lots and lots are uh oh, choo choo, stop! (he likes saying this to Bailey when she barks), rock rock (when he wants to rock before bedtime or naptime, or when he just wants to be read to in the rocking chair), yaaaay!, beep beep, moo (for the sound a cow makes), and baaaa (for the sound a sheep makes).

*We're working on learning where his eyes, nose, ears, etc are. So far he knows hair, ears, and toes/feet the best.

*His other favorite hobby is sitting on daddy or Garrison's back and bouncing on top of them. It's the most fun ever!

That's all I can think of and all I had jotted down so hopefully I'm not forgetting anything too big this time. We are so thankful for our sweet baby boy and this fun age!!

No comments: