Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Good and The Not So Good

I'll start with the not so good...We found out at Garrison's appointment with the pediatrician on Tuesday that he did in fact have strep. Again. If he comes down with it one more time before the Fall (I think?) then we'll have to look at having his tonsils removed. Apparently if you have strep 5 times or more in a year then you're forced to consider removing tonsils. It's some kind of insurance thing. And it's kind of scary. I don't want him to have to go through it, but I know it could be a good thing and make a huge difference for the better. Thankfully he's back to 100% now and we know it's all in God's hands so we don't have to stress over it.

Moving onto the good...We also found out Tuesday at Austin's appointment with the ENT that he has perfect hearing and that both tubes are clear and open. Yay! We are so thankful things are looking great with our littlest man's ears!

More good...My sister's super smart boyfriend (who I hope is my future brother-in-law =)) determined all my Jeep needed was freon to start blowing cold air from every vent! Yay!!Apparently our Jeep is designed to stop blowing cold air from everywhere except the driver's side when it's low on freon. Praise the Lord! That was such an example to me of why you shouldn't worry. God knew we only needed freon... not some complicated crazy expensive something else. We were thrilled with this money saving good news. =)

A little bit of both... I've decided it's time to start working out and attempting to get into better shape. Before anybody rolls their eyes or gets insulted, I'm not doing this to lose weight. I'm a small girl and weight isn't the issue. Being out of shape is. I guarantee you my resting heart rate is higher than it should be. Plus, everything I eat shows up in my waist line as soon as I'm done. Probably because I am small so it just shows up. Like food baby every time. Like are you 3 months pregnant or 4? Like my 4 year old gives me a hug and starts rubbing my belly and says, Mama you feel like you have a baby in your tummy. Oh my. At first it was funny but then it was just sad. He still has a thing or two to learn about things you never say to a girl. Ever. On the bright side at least he said feel and not look. Gracious.

Since we don't have the time or money for the gym and I can't do outdoor workouts in Spring or Summer due to allergies and blazing hot temperatures... unless you count a family walk around the neighborhood once the pollen passes but before it's 100 degrees out... I'm going back to my trusty Fitness at Home that I did a few times last year. (Wow. Writing that I worked out a "few times last year" sounds pitiful.) I did it Tuesday afternoon for the first time with the boys watching and participating and getting in the way. My second time was today. And Bailey decided to join in the fun and bark at me until she finally lost interest. Of course I have to modify. I do girl push-ups, I don't do a minute wall sit (more like 20 seconds but I strive for 30), and I only do the routine twice because duh, I can't pass out with my children watching. So I am bad out of shape but I'm determined to change that. Slowly but surely. I'm not expecting crazy results I just want to be and feel healthier and my waist line to not automatically expand like a pregnant lady the second I finish I meal. It probably wouldn't hurt to go a little lighter on the portions either...

Not so good... Our anniversary weekend still isn't planned. We talked about it and it just didn't go so well. And it was all my fault. I finally realized what the problem was. I couldn't finalize or commit to any plans because I was having anxiety about the kiddos. Ahhhh. I don't know why letting them spend the night away is such a big deal. I've analyzed it to death. Is it because we live an hour away so it's always a big to-do? Is it because they're so young? Is it because I'm so Type A? Is it because I'm afraid bedtime will be crazy and difficult for everyone involved? Is it because I'm afraid they'll be homesick or confused or not on their best behavior? Is it because Garrison's been known to not like mama and daddy going on dates without him? Yes, yes, yes... all of the above. Whatever the
reason(s), it's just hard for me. It definitely isn't natural and it's never easy. But I think once a year to celebrate our anniversary is important and necessary. It's good for us to get away and focus on each other. So I'm praying about it and trying to relax. And I'm repeating a quote to myself quite often... When we loosen our grip, He tightens His. It really is going to be okay. I even feel like the plans for the kids are coming together so I can finally move forward with planning our trip.

Good!... Terrell lost his wedding ring about a week and a half ago. At the time we thought Austin grabbed it off his nightstand and possibly threw it or carried it around and then lost it. We've looked and looked and have just been waiting for it to turn up. And tonight it did! We were outside playing while Terrell grilled and out of the blue Garrison said, Here's your ring daddy. It was in the grass right in the middle of the backyard. We couldn't believe it had been outside the whole time! Garrison was so proud of himself. Probably because we cheered and hugged him and had a big celebration in his honor. =) He was still saying Are you so glad I found your ring daddy? before bed.

Even though we had a few not so good moments this week, God has blessed us tons and we are thankful!!

No comments: