Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Lots of Little Things

There's not a whole lot to blog about this week. We had a super low key weekend and have a pretty low key week planned. Things aren't totally uneventful, but they are sort of boring. And boring is good sometimes.

While we don't have any big or exciting things happening right now we do have lots of little things going on. Things that I'd like to record just so they can always be remembered. Every month I like to go back and read the same month's posts from last year and the year before. (Starting in April I'll be able to read all the way back to 2010. Thank you Megan Lenhart for introducing me to blogging!!) And I love it. It makes me appreciate blogging and having my memories in writing that much more. So, this post is strictly for my own journaling of our life at this point in time purpose, so it probably won't mean much to anybody else. Just thought I should warn you.

Here's what's going on this week in the Selph household...

*Garrison is sick again. Boo! It seems like once he catches something his immune system is down and he's sick off and on for a while. We have an appointment this morning to determine whether it's strep or a virus or something else.

*We also have a follow-up appointment for Austin with the ENT. They're going to check to make sure his ears and tubes look fine and then do a hearing test. Both appointments should be interesting with both boys in tow. Pray for me.

*Since the time change the boys have been sleeping extra late. Which is nice except that it's going to break my heart when I have to wake them up so early tomorrow morning for school. (We stayed home yesterday since Garrison was sick.)

*The air conditioning in our Jeep needs fixin. And it may cost a bundle. But I am not stressing. I can't say the same for my husband, haha. But, God always provides and it'll be fine. We're heading down to B'ville tomorrow afternoon for haircuts and an early dinner with family so we'll be leaving our family car there to be repaired... and hopefully we'll get it back in time for the weekend. In the meantime, the boys and I will be driving around in the cop car (that's what we've nicknamed my mom's car) for a couple of days until our Jeep is blowing nice cold air for us from all vents... not just the driver's side.

*Lately we've been praying about and talking about what our future is with Premier. Where it fits and what it's place is. I've been a Premier jeweler almost 4 years and God has used Premier in a big way for us. It has been wonderful and an answer to prayer from the beginning. I started when Garrison was 6 months old and Premier provided security and hope for me staying home long term.

Now, almost 4 years later, life has changed. I have a "regular" job and paycheck now. It's not a lot money-wise but it is consistent and important for us to have, at least for now. What it is a lot of is extra work at home. There is no planning period when you teach preschool. Everything you do to prepare is done at home. It's not super overwhelming, but it is time consuming... which leaves less time for Premier.

Also, we've added a baby. Having baby #2, my sweet Austin, has changed things. We are busier. We have more errands and appointments and things to do. And I try to make sure my babies always come first. Which means Premier gets pushed to the back-burner.

Also, we have a son who has started recreational sports. We did soccer in the Fall and now have baseball this Spring. Sports are a big commitment. They are time consuming and change the look of your week nights. And once again, putting my children first means I'm putting their schedules first. And since we don't have family here to help with baby-sitting or chaufeuring in the evenings, it falls on me... until Terrell gets off.

Sooo, we're struggling a little with what to do. We love Premier. Love what it stands for. Love the extra income. =) But we're facing a bit of a dilemma. My renewal isn't until August so for now I'm going to try to get back into it a little while we figure out what God wants us to do next.

*This weekend we have Eater pictures! We rescheduled a couple of weeks ago when it was cold and dreary and we're so excited about a nice weekend (perfect for pictures) coming up! We're going to be doing them at the same place with the same bunny as last year. I hope the boys cooperate!

*This week we're also in the process of finalizing the contents of the boys' Easter buckets. We like to keep things practical and simple for Easter. We definitely don't need too many little bitty toys and we hate to get things "just because" because they always end up being a waste. But we both grew up getting Easter baskets and goodies so we want to do the same for our kiddos. It's fun and light and the boys love it.

*Terrell and I finally started watching The Bible. It's really good. And since I've been reading through the Old Testament it's making it that much more interesting and fascinating for me. We're both enjoying it so far.

*Last but not least, this week we're going to try to finalize/narrow down/make a decision about our anniversary trip. It's exciting but kind of stressful too. We want to have fun and make the most of our time away but we must keep our budget and kiddos in mind too. I'll keep you posted! (For anyone who's still reading....) Happy Tuesday!!

No comments: