Monday, March 18, 2013

My Favorite Kind of Weekend

While I love having weekend plans and going to the hometown, spending time with family, catching up, and being back at our home church, one of my favorite kind of weekends is when we don't have tons to do, the weather is nice, and we're just home hanging out and playing together. And that's the kind of weekend we just enjoyed. It was bliss.

Saturday started with cinnamon rolls for breakfast, morning baths, and getting ready for Easter pictures. Capturing "posed" pictures was a tad more challenging this year with Austin, but I still think we got some good ones. Danielle gave us a preview on facebook and here are two of my favorites. I can't wait to see them all!

 
After pictures we came home for lunch... delicious homemade barbeque my mom shared with us, then naps and then lots of time outside. We all had such a good time. We went for a walk together (Garrison rode his bike with Terrell close by while I pulled Austin in the wagon and walked Bailey), played baseball, let the boys ride around in their cars, and went through Spring/Summer clothes for Austin that used to be Garrison's. We stayed in for supper and everything. The only time we went out to eat the entire weekend was Friday night. We didn't go back to a restaurant or get take-out the rest of the weekend. It could've been a record for us. We like getting out on the weekends and not cooking, but this weekend it just worked out for us to stay in and it was so nice.
 
Yesterday was really laid back too. We even went to Scoops for ice cream after naps. So yummy! Then we played outside all afternoon and I even got to come inside early to tackle my workout solo... without an audience! (If you don't count Bailey... but she didn't bark as much this time so I think we're making progress.) 
 
Terrell and I ended the weekend with the 2 of us sitting at the table last night cutting out eggs, tissue paper, and little "chick feet" for an upcoming craft I have at school. I love him. He is such a good husband and daddy.
 
I am so thankful for weekends like the one we just had and my family to share them with!
 
Now we're gearing up for seeing lots of family over the next few weeks and are excited to be back "home" with our favorite people. =)

No comments: