Thursday, January 3, 2013

Memories, Challenges, & Goals

When I first sat down to write this post I intended a heart-felt, detailed, paragraph filled post of memories, challenges, and goals for the new year. But then I got writer's block. Or felt like I didn't have time to put everything into detailed, paragraph form and just went with lists instead. So I had to include just a few links that include heart-felt, detailed, paragraphs. =)

Favorite Memories from 2012:
 
*Capturing my boys becoming smitten with each other in January. Biggest blessing ever!
*Celebrating my big boy's birthday in February and his first ever "train trip".
*A fun Spring! Celebrating Austin's first Easter with our families, enjoying a mountain getaway, and celebrating my sister completing her Master's degree.
*Summer vacation in June!! (We're in planning mode for this year's week at the beach already!)
*Austin's 1st haircut and catching up with my besties from high school in July.
*Austin's 1st birthday in September! (Part 1 & Part 2)
*Our trips to the Zoo and Georgia Aquarium
*Soccer with Garrison in the Fall.
*Another mountain getaway in October.
*The holidays with my family! (Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas)
 
Biggest Challenges in 2012:
 
*The Decision to go back to work and the adjustments and growing pains that occurred when I did.
*Terrell's back and leg issues last summer.
*The worst sick season ever.  
(While at the time these challenges seemed tough, looking over the list I'd say we were very blessed last year. Our challenges weren't terrible. God was faithful. We survived them all. Yes, God has definitely been good to us.) 
 
I don't love New Year's resolutions and I typically don't love change (which usually goes right along with the resolutions) but I do love finding ways to improve and do better... personally, as a wife, as a mom, with our home, etc. So here goes...
 
Goals for 2013:
*To continue with my daily quiet time at the start of my day. I finally found a routine I love that works on a daily basis and I want to keep it up.
*To continue reading the Word. I am loving the Old Testament. It's even become my nightly reading before bed most nights. The stories of God's faithfulness and love and power are amazing. And, they're true stories. Wow. Plus, I found a chronological reading plan to follow. Yay. It's less confusing to read things in order. =)
*To limit my time online. 2012 was a year that left me addicted to blogs and facebook. Big time. Yikes. While I do love keeping up with other people and learning from them and being able to relate to them, I have to be present for my own family first. I haven't figured out a for sure plan to follow to hold me accountable to this new goal, but it's got to be top priority. Which leads me to my next goal...
*To spend more quality time with my kiddos. Thankfully I'm able to multi-task pretty easily with my boys. They run around playing while I vacuum. They like to help with little chores like emptying the dishwasher and laundry. They play together really well together most of the time. BUT, if I get too ambitious, things go south. I have to keep balance around here. I can't sacrifice my time with them in the name of getting things done or doing what I want to do. Gulp. A little less multi-tasking and a little more balance is the key. I think. Maybe? Parenting is a never-ending learning process.  
*Trusting God with our future and being thankful and content while we wait. (I think I mentioned something like this last January.)
 
I think that concludes my lists and official "New Year's" post... just a few days late. Time for full-blown party planning to kick into gear and to book our summer vacation. =)
 


No comments: