Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Garrison's 3rd Birthday

This weekend we had Garrison's 3rd birthday party at my parents' house. (HUGE thanks to Granna and Papa!!) Everything went really well, despite one mid-party meltdown, and fun was had by all... I hope! I am definitely, for sure, positive that fun was had by the birthday boy, sooo we're gonna call it a success.

My friend Megan designed his super-cute invitations. I love having a personal, customized invitation designed by someone who cares about us and her "product".

The pictures below are strictly for photo album purposes so I always have them and will always remember how we celebrated. (Although I'm not super impressed with how they turned out... I think the bright sunny day did weird things to my camera and it's flash. I am in desperate need of some photography tips. Or a big fancy camera that automatically makes wonderful, perfectly lit photos. I'm liking the new camera idea best. Until then, I think I need some advice Megan!) So anyway, the pics below might not mean much to anyone else, besides family of course.

I started with the invitation and decor of the party, then the party itself.

















































The blue jeep from Granna and Papa turned out to be the life of the party after we ate and had cake and ice cream. Garrison and Allison rode and rode all over the front yard. The passenger always pressed the pedal and the driver took the wheel. They chased around Garrison's older cousins and had a ball. Austin and Shannon enjoyed themselves too.


Since Garrison's birthday is only 6 weeks after Christmas, we got creative with the birthday gifts this year. His grandparents gave him gifts that will stay at their houses, his great-grandparents gave him money for his bank, other family members gave him movies, books, or small toys, and mama and daddy are giving him (in 2 weeks) a special day with just the 3 of us that includes a "train trip" and lunch at the Varsity. =)


I can't say THANK YOU enough to my parents who worked so hard to host the party. I had a Premier show Friday night, so my mom was left with the party set-up without me. She also cooked the chili while Papa grilled hot dogs. They contributed to the food and party favors and balloons, plus ended up serving the cake and ice cream. (Big thanks to Pops and Nana for picking up the cake and delivering it safely to the party location!) I promised my parents they wouldn't have to host and serve cake and ice cream at all of my children's birthday parties. Ha! Of course they enjoyed it all, but I know it was hard work... and very much appreciated. I was worn out afterwards and it wasn't even at my house!


Sunday after church we got some pictures of Garrison and Austin with Granna and Papa. Then, we had lunch with the Selph side of the family to celebrate Nana's birthday. It was a busy, fun weekend full of birthday joy! Thanks so much to our families for celebrating with us (especially Granna and Papa for all your help and hard work and Nana for sharing the birthday spotlight with Garrison)!







No comments: