Monday, February 13, 2012

Mr. Productive

That was my husband this weekend. Mr. Productive. (Yay!!) The weekends we don't have much planned and just hang out around the house, Terrell Selph gets motivated. He starts getting things done and crossing stuff off our to-do list. He cleans and scrubs, washes and dries, straightens and folds. Oh what a blessing! My love language was spoken this weekend in the form of acts of service... although I'm pretty sure I like all the love languages.

For the most part, I would consider our "roles" in the home as pretty traditional. I'm a stay-at-home mama taking care of the kiddos while he heads out to work hard everyday and brings home the bacon. (Haha. I'm not sure if I've ever used that pharse before.) I cook supper every night, except on the weekends when I take a break, and keep the house decent... most of the time. He takes care of the yard and outside stuff and little home maintenance issues. And we share responsibilities with the kids at night. We both take on baths, bedtime, etc.

Then there are areas where we're not as traditional. The areas my husband excel in that make my "job" at home during the week much, much easier.

He excels at getting the laundry done. As soon as he hears the dryer stop, he's in there moving clothes from the washing machine and folding/hanging up clothes from the dryer getting ready to start another load. I rarely do more than 1 or 2 loads in one day. I just get busy and forget or there literally isn't time between tending to my babies.

He excels at cleaning the kitchen. This weekend he took everything off the kitchen counters and scrubbed them down. They were sparkly and shiny when he finished. Confession: I never take things off the counter to clean, I clean around the stuff on the counters. During the week I do good to clean off the crumbs from lunch everyday. Gotta work on that.

He excels at de-cluttering. He is great about finding a place and "home" for all our stuff. (Except when he throws something away I really didn't want him to.)

I appreciated his productivity tons this weekend, but even more this morning when I woke up to start my Monday in a clean house. I don't think it's as clean now as he left it, but it still beats starting the day in a messy house. It's really not that messy right now, which is the beauty of getting lots of cleaning done during the weekend. So I had to brag on him. And I'll read this the next time I get frustrated with him for not waking up on time to help with the boys before work. Ha! I love you and appreciate you Terrell!!


And since I wasn't able to photograph any of the productivity that took place this weekend, I captured a few pictures of my boys before baths and bedtime last night. They have a great example in their daddy and their future wives will appreciate them sooo much one day!


Watching his mobile


Brotherly love


Finally got them to look at me!



No comments: