Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekend Blessings


*Friday night I had a date with my 3 favorite guys at Long Horn. We had such a good time. And what could be better than enjoying a delicious meal out with the most handsome boys ever?! Garrison and Austin were on their best behavior (except for Garrison having a few minor booster seat issues) and our meal was free. We used the "date night" money my parents spoiled us with in our Valentine's card. It was an awesome way to start our weekend.
*Saturday afternoon while the boys were napping, Terrell and I watched Breaking Dawn. The first movie we'd watched in a long, long time. And the littlest man only joined us for the very end when he woke up hungry.
*Thanks to my wonderful husband, I got to enjoy a yummy m&m blizzard (light on the m&m's just like I love) Saturday night while watching the newest episode of Blue Bloods.
*I went to bed early every. single. night. this weekend. The last time that happened?? Probably September 1st... the day before going into the hospital to give birth to my precious Austin. The secret to my early bed-going~ Austin no longer requires a 10:00ish feeding each night in his sleep. We discovered this when we realized he would refuse to take a bottle, therefore missing a feeding... but still sleep all night if I fed him at 10:00/10:15. Sooo we've been done with that late night "dream feed" for 3 nights. I'm so proud of Austin for reaching this milestone that gives his mama a little extra sleep if I want it.
*We got to go to church in Barnesville after deciding to make a last minute day trip to the hometown.
*We enjoyed a Sunday afternoon nap while the boys napped. Plus came home with more chocolate Little Debbies... a blessing and a curse I'm afraid.
*I had the pleasure of listening to Terrell and Garrison singing Jesus Loves Me over the monitor last night. Made my heart happy.
*Then, I heard Garrison singing The Little Drummer Boy this morning over the monitor after he woke up. He got into the book (which is just the words to the song) over Christmas and it's slowly become one of his favs. He sounded adorable.
*And my favorite weekend blessing~ it's still the weekend for us! Terrell has the day off for President's Day.
So grateful for all these blessings!

No comments: