Friday, February 24, 2012

Winter Break Fun

We've had a good week of Winter Break fun around here. It's reminded me a lot of last summer (except last summer I was carrying baby boy in my belly instead of his big heavy carseat) when I would try to come up with free or really inexpensive outings for us every week. Only this time we were actually able to go outside and play without sweating up a storm and being miserable. The weather has been really nice and I'm pretty sure Garrison has enjoyed himself... although he does keep mentioning Chuck E. Cheese. The last time we tried that was months ago and we were in there about 5 minutes. He wasn't impressed. He stayed glued to me while he watched a daycare group run around and ride the rides. I think a commercial he saw sparked his interest again. Maybe we'll try it out soon.

The week started great because daddy was home with us. Tuesday was super crazy, but we still managed to have a great time at the library. Garrison was very well behaved and Austin strolled around and took everything in.



Tuesday afternoon we went outside after naptime and Garrison had a ball. He started off eating his snack on the back patio, then played on his slide for a few minutes, then requested his car and sunglasses. He was one cool dude. He even slid them up on top of his head when he got in the shade. Austin hung out in the stroller and watched big brother.



Wednesday we had a few things to pick up at Target. The boys filled up the entire buggy. There was about 3 inches of space for Target items I think.

That afternoon we were back outside again. It was really sunny and bright when we first went out... and I was feeling sorry for Austin just sitting in the stroller doing nothing while Garrison got to have all the fun... so I put one of Garrison's old swimming, waterproof hats on Austin to shield his eyes from the sun so he could walk around with us and sit in my lap and watch Garrison and even sit in the big boy car with his big brother. They are going to be too cute riding around together once Austin gets bigger.

Yesterday we went to one of Garrison's favorite places ever~ Chick-Fil-A. In an effort to limit the stuff I needed to take in to one 3 year old, one 5 month old in a carseat, and one diaper bag... I forgot my camera in the car. So I made a couple pictures once we were back in the car and Garrison was downing some ice cold water from playing hard and Austin was just hanging out again.
I promise you'll get to do fun stuff too one day, buddy. Your life won't always be confined to a carseat when we're away from home!
Last night while Terrell grilled hamburgers, father and son played baseball together. Garrison loves hitting the ball off a tee, but he also likes daddy pitching the ball to him and him pitching the ball to daddy. What will I do with myself when both boys are outside playing with daddy?

Today we're just hanging out at home, like we do most Fridays. It feels nice being inside without anywhere to go on this messy day. Austin is napping and Garrison just finished an episode of Mickey Mouse. Now he's ready to grab a sponge and help mama clean the bathrooms. Hope I'm training him well... it's his job to take over one day. (I hate cleaning bathrooms! I think I'll tell Terrell I'm going to make that the official responsibility of the boys in the house. They can divide it up however they want as long as it gets done. What a great idea!)
*******************************************************************
Breaking News: Austin Selph finally took 2 ounces from a bottle yesterday after missing one feeding and mama trying off and on for an hour the second feeding. Today, we try again. Fingers crossed he's more cooperative and willing this time around.

No comments: