Friday, February 10, 2012

On My Mind... February Addition

*Austin was just diagnosed with a mild case of RSV. Poor baby. He's congested and coughing and having a rough time of it. Which means we're regressing in a few areas. Uh oh. But since he's sick, regress we will. I'm basically having to rock him to sleep, hold him often, and feed him if he wakes up during the night, which has only happened twice so far. That reminds me...

*Houston, we have a problem. Austin Selph has decided that he will not take a bottle. Period. Formula, breast milk, Avent, Dr. Brown, Playtex, doesn't matter. Give him mama, or give him nothing. Gracious. I have a plan to get this shocking problem (we had no idea it was an issue until last Friday) under control, however, it has to wait until he's all better. I won't attempt anything new while he's sick... until next week when I have another show and baby boy will have to take a bottle or go without. So stressful. Especially for daddy who's left to comfort and console when the bottle is refused again and again and again.

*Based on Austin's diagnosis, we're thinking Garrison may have had the same thing and passed it along to baby brother. He's on the mend and was able to go to school this week so we're super thankful for that. However, we now have an early riser on our hands. Since getting sick, Garrison's been waking up around 7:15 or 7:30 every morning. It's been a bit of an adjustment for us since he's waking 30-45 minutes earlier than we're used to. Hmmm. Not sure what to make of it or whether it will last or not.

*Speaking of Garrison, his new favorite word is "well". He says it "waayllle" with a big time southern drawl. Waayllle, I want to haf donuts for snack mama. Waayllle, mama, is it cold outside? I hear Ausin. Waaylle. Is Ausin still sick? Waayllle, I think he feel a little bit better. He says it all the time. It makes it's way into almost every sentence. It's crazy. I have no idea how or why the habit started and definitely don't know where the major southern drawl came from. We're not that country when we talk.

*I've been eating at least 1 piece of Garrison's birthday cake everyday since his party. What. is. wrong. with. me?? (By the way, we shared leftovers with family so we don't have that much left in our house, thank goodness!) It's like I'm craving it. And I'm just hungry in general. A lot. Maybe it's because I'm nursing and busy with the boys? Who knows.

*Terrell and I are thinking about starting some "at home" fitness. (I am in serious need of burning off the birthday cake calories.) Don't know when since we have about 10 minutes of spare time it seems, but I'm really liking the idea! It's basically a routine of push-ups, crunches, jumping jacks, squats, and high knees that you repeat 3-5 times for max results. The good ole back-to-basics stuff you learn in PE in elementary school. Sounds good to me. Except that the routine starts with 30 jumping jacks. Riiight... I may have to modify.

*I'm actually happy about the fact that winter has finally arrived. I know most people are disappointed, but I wasn't looking forward to an early spring. Spring is not nice to me. Pollen is a bad word. Sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, staying indoors, popping the Zyrtec. It can be pretty miserable. It seems like all I do during the spring is countdown to summer, and I couldn't very well start the countdown in February. Plus, I love one good snowfall every year. Not ice and power outages, just big beautiful snowflakes that make everything white and cancel school for the day.

*All done now. Looking forward to a weekend of staying home, being productive around the house, trying to make time for my hubby, catching up on our favorite shows, helping my baby get better, and eating some Potato Soup that smells delicious in the crock pot as I type. Yum-O.

No comments: