Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Wrapping Up 2012 & Entering 2013

Before the year came to a close we had one last Christmas gathering with Terrell's family on Saturday at his sister's house. It was freezing cold, a little "misty" and "sleety", and felt just like the week between Christmas and New Year's should. We had fun seeing Terrell's Granny and most of his cousins, plus eating lots of good food.

Garrison with "Granny in Cartersville" as he likes to call her. =)
 
Granny in Cartersville with 4 of her 5 grandchildren
 
Granny with 6 of her 9 great-grandchildren. 

And here's our attempt at a family picture with Granny...Oops, can't see Granny...

Hmmm... Austin's falling over, Garrison's catching him with one hand, and I'm not looking...
 
Oh boy. I don't know what's going on with my children in this one. Oh well. We tried. Ha!
After a long ride home that evening Terrell and I got the boys in bed and did a little more "putting away of Christmas". And by Sunday we were pretty much done. It's always a relief to get things mostly back in order and I'm so thankful for a husband who feels the same!

With New Year's Eve being on a Monday this year and my husband having to work, we decided not to go to the hometown for New Year's. For the first time ever we think. It was a tough decision but we decided it was best. Instead we got together with my family on Sunday night for dinner. We met up at Buffalo's with my parents, sister, and Frankie and enjoyed a wild and crazy evening. My littlest man was off. the. chain. He was a wild man. We still have no idea what got him so wound up and crazy but thankfully we survived the meal without anyone having to cut their meal short due to bad behavior by Austin Selph. So glad the place was hoppin' and loud and Austin remained in his highchair til it was time to go. Gracious. Can you say never a dull moment?

My boys with Granna and Papa

My big boy (who insisted on one more picture) and Papa
New Year's Eve was sort of strange for us. It didn't feel like NYE at all. Terrell went to work. I stayed home with the boys. Austin was sick with a cold. I dusted and tried to finish decluttering and getting things back in order while reminding myself to get excited because it's NYE. Haha. It was sort of blah having no plans and not celebrating with family like we have every other year. It just felt weird. But we did get Mexican take-out for supper and made homemade laundry detergent! We also realized pretty fast into the evening it was best we were at home... Austin wasn't feeling good so it was definitely best he got to sleep in his own bed, and for some reason Garrison had a hard time falling asleep. Being home was a good thing even if it did feel kind of weird and boring.  

Today we've enjoyed having daddy home with us and have been hanging out around the house, eating more take-out (I am cooking a big meal tonight though!), and watching football. It's been a lazy day at home. We are thankful for God's blessings in 2012 and looking forward to what God has in store for our family in 2013. And I'm hoping to write a "New Year's" post soon about my hopes for this year and my memories from last year. We'll see. Happy New Year everybody!!

No comments: