Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend 2012

Our long weekend has been busy, relaxing, fun, exhausting, and wonderful all put together. Terrell and I are WORN out, but we're so thankful for all we were able to do this weekend together as a family. And especially thankful for a certain baby boy who hadn't made his appearence yet last year. What a blessing to kick off the summer and enjoy SO many freedoms and so much fun on Memorial Day weekend!

My parents came over Saturday morning to contribute to the paint project once again. We would never get anything accomplished if it weren't for our parents coming over to help us out! They have already gone above and beyond with all their help and we aren't even finished yet!


This time around me and the boys stayed at home so I could help out a little too. We put Garrison's pool nearby and while Austin napped Saturday morning I hung out with Garrison and painted a tad when I could. Garrison had a ball. Getting in and out of the pool was enough to occupy him for hours.

After lunch while both boys napped, all 4 of us were outside painting away like crazy people because we finally saw an end in sight! Then my littlest man got to join in on the fun after he woke up. I decided against putting him in the grass-filled pool though.

Hallelujah!! Slightly over half-way DONE!

Sunday we went down to the pool for our first official swim of the season. And it was determined I will not be able to take both boys by myself to the pool this summer. Boo. Guess we'll settle for the baby pool until daddy or AnAn can go with us.

Austin did great and was very "chill" about the water. Haha. He kicked his little feet and splashed a little and was way laid back about the whole experience. He spent the majority of his time in Garrison's old turtle float, however since we both had our hands full (literally), we didn't get any pictures after we finished the firsttimeinthepool pics and put down the camera. Poor Austin. More pictures next time for sure! 

Sunday afternoon Terrell's parents came over to visit for a little bit and take us out to eat, so we got a family Memorial Day picture. Just like we did 2 years ago. =) We had a fun time with the Selph's and enjoyed a surprise supper from Outback... AND my oldest was very well behaved and did not disown mama and daddy! Yay!! Is it premature to feel hopeful that we're done with that little phase??

This picture turned out really good... except for both of the boys having the creepy red eyes. I know when we print these we can do the red-eye reduction feature but this makes me reeallly want a new camera. Really bad.

After saying bye to Nana and Pops and getting back to Covington we went to the square and walked around and let the boys play some before going to Scoops for ice cream. We've lived here 5.5 years and have never done that. And I really don't know why because it was so nice and fun. We definitely have to take advantage of the square (and Scoops!) more often.

This morning after Austin's nap, we all went to Turner Lake to walk around and feed the ducks and let Garrison play. And the boys had SO much fun, which means mama and daddy did too. Believe it or not, we stay so busy that it's rare for the 4 of us to get to do special things together away from the house. But this weekend we made it a priority and Terrell and I loved it just as much as they did. We've even vowed to plan more special outings this summer on regular old week nights since our summer weekends fill up so fast.

After naps, Garrison and daddy worked in the yard together before grilling out and playing baseball. Daddy had a shadow all afternoon. =) Mama had one too, inside. Another reason I'm worn out.

We had a great weekend and I've enjoyed spending time with my 3 boys so much. I could get emotional about how thankful I am for my little family and the ways God has blessed me, but I think I'm too tired. I'm just so, so grateful for the country I live in and the freedom I enjoy thanks to the sacrifices of so many and my loving Savior. Happy Memorial Day!!

No comments: