Thursday, May 3, 2012

8 Months Old

Baby boy is 8 months old today!! It's hard to believe we keep getting closer and closer to the big "1" and his first birthday. *Tear. But it's also hard to remember life before he was here. What did I do with myself when I just had 1 little man to take care of? I couldn't tell you. I think I might have cleaned more. And worked on Premier more. And paid more attention to Bailey. And read a little more too. But I have to say, I wouldn't trade my crazy busy days with 2 boys for anything. They are the biggest blessing and I love our daily adventures together. And naptime when the house is quiet. =)

This has been another busy month for Austin. He's officially, for real, mobile and into everything! He is having the best time exploring and figuring things out and learning new things and I'm loving being a witness to it all.


Here's my big boy at 8 months. It's going to get a little harder to compare them because they'll be dressed opposite due to the different seasons, but you can still tell some resemblence.


Stats and Happenings this Month:

*You weigh between 18 and 19 pounds... still. (That's what I estimated for last month. Guess we won't know for sure until your 9 month check-up).
*You're now wearing size 4 diapers and mostly 9-12 and 12 month clothes
*You got another tooth! It's on the top and to the left of where the center ones will be. I think the one on the right side is coming next.
*You are still nursing every morning and every night with 2 bottles in between. You're still enjoying all your baby food (except peaches) and we gave you a little bit of mashed potatoes this month. You didn't spit them out but weren't very impressed either. So far we haven't tried any other table food or finger foods. I'm in no rush though. =)
*You still spit up at least once a day, BUT, we think it's slowing down some. It's actually becoming rare for me to have to change your clothes during the day! Yay!!
*You are still going to bed between 7:30-7:45 and waking up between 7:00-7:30.
*Your morning nap is almost always an hour long and your afternoon nap is about an hour and a half to 2 hours long. But mostly just an hour and a half.
*You mastered the army crawl this month and get anywhere you want to go. You rarely sit still and play. You like to be on the move and getting into stuff!
*You learned to pull up this month! Mama and daddy were shocked. And proud. =)
*You love your big brother. You love to laugh. You are super ticklish. You love to play with Garrison and touch his toys and put them in your mouth. You love peek-a-boo and pat-a-cake. You love "lift the flap" books. You love to splash in the bath tub. You love when Garrison says the blessing for us at supper.
*You don't like when Garrison takes a toy away from you. Or when mama has to go back into the kitchen for something after she's started feeding you. Or waiting to be fed. Other than those times you are happy and content and sweet!
*We love you so much and are enjoying watching you grow! Happy Birthday Austin!!



7 comments:

Lauren and Eddie said...

Stopping by from Kelly's Korner! You have a sweet little family!

Jim and Cara Lea said...

From Kelly's Korner. :) Precious family! We live south of Atlanta.. in a small town, Griffin.

Maren said...

Your boys are adorable! I live south of Atlanta also, in Newnan, GA.

Melissa said...

Meggie,

Stopping by from Kelly's Korner! I live south of Atlanat in Villa Rica, and also have 2 boys, and I am a teacher..wishing I could be stay at home. Your family is beautiful!

Melissa

Kasey said...

Here I am. NOW I'm leaving a comment. :-) Excited to keep reading your posts and seeing your pretty family!!

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from KK! We're in ATL too, and funny- my husband's family does Premier(I could not get my comment to connect to my blog but it is http://kaylaimee.com)

Steven Sarah said...

Hopped over from Kelly's Korner. We are currently in Covington, but moving a little south soon. Its nice to see other Georgia bloggers!