Wednesday, May 16, 2012

On my Mind in May...

*I am tired. Very tired. And a little overwhelmed. We have a lot going right now... painting the house, end of school year stuff for Garrison, Premier shows, a new jeweler, busy boys, preparing for summer, doctor's appointments, and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. For some reason I don't handle juggling 50 things at once very well. Maybe one day...

*On a happy note, our 7 year anniversary is coming up in a few weeks! Yay! We always try to get away and celebrate our anniversary as our gift to each other, but this year will be a little different. We're leaning towards planning some things to do but staying at home versus actually going away and staying at a hotel. It'll be an anniversary staycation. Ha! It should still be fun and relaxing and nice to sleep late! I just have to determine if I'm definitely ready to be away from Austin overnight before we can really get into planning mode. Leaving my babies is tough every time.

*Every single afternoon around 3:00, I get hungry. Strange. No matter how big or small my lunch was, my body thinks I need a snack mid-afternoon. I wonder if it's because at some point I may have formed a habit of an afternoon snack?? Hmmm. Sometimes I do good with a granola bar or Special K protein bar or yogurt... sometimes it's more like a whole pack of Little Debbie mini doughnuts.

*Speaking of snacks... Chick-Fil-A's new chocolate chunk cookies are the best! I could become addicted to those quick-like. I may already be considering Garrison and I have shared 2 in less than 5 days. And I know everybody already knows this but Chick-Fil-A is amazing, and I'm not just referring to the food. I used their "mom's valet service" last week where you order and pay at the drive thru but come inside to find your table, food, high chair, etc ready for you. Do you know how much time and effort and energy and stress that saves?! They are my new best friend. No more how do I carry the baby while holding the hand of the preschooler while digging in my purse for the debit card. Yes!

*Beach is on the brain. Ocean, sand, sun, vacation, BEACH is on the brain. We are going next month and we can't wait! Except maybe we want to become a little more bathing suit ready first. But who has time for that? Not I. This year's vacation should be interesting since we'll have an almost 10 month old in addition to the rest of the fam. I've never taken a 9.5 month old to the beach before, just a 5 month old...16 month old... and 2 year old. Hopefully we won't get back home more exhausted than before we left!

*I've been writing a lot lately about Garrison it seems (so I'll need to devote a post to Austin soon), but he's had a lot going on. The newest thing is having trouble falling asleep at night. It's not every single night, but for the past few weeks a few nights a week he's had a tough time settling down and getting sleepy. Bless his heart. It's hard to give a 3 year old "falling asleep strategies". The strange thing is that our routine hasn't changed a bit and we've yet to discover a true pattern to it. So far it's completely random. The only thing I can come up with is that it's related to naps. I told Terrell that pretty soon we'd have to start documenting everything so we can get to the bottom of it. I have started making sure he wakes up from his naps a little before the 2 hour mark on the days he falls asleep. Guess we'll just ride it out and hope it's a phase.

*A long time ago Terrell and I decided that we'd like to work out together at home. Sooo, that didn't really last. One of us got sick, one of us had to work, one of the kiddos got sick, one of us went to bed early (me), we started painting the house, one of us had to work. It was always something. So then, due to our determination to work out together, plus peer pressure from other bloggers and facebook friends, we decided we should try out running. It seems like running is the new thing to do. (I used to be a runner once upon a time. In elementary school. I actually ran lots of 5k's and 1 10k.) It has become SO popular. So popular that I feel left out that I'm not running. Because we never really got around to it. We've been so busy and tired lately it just hasn't happened. In order for it to work we'd have to go pre- 6am around our neighborhood which means we'd have to go to bed early and be committed to get up pre- 6am. It's not as easy as it sounds. Maybe we'll just watch what we eat and chase around the boys and count that. Sounds like a plan to me.

*Time for me to call it a night and catch up on a show or two. But not before I enjoy one of my favorite summer treats... ice cream!

(Maybe tomorrow is a good day to get started on the whole running thing. But it will have to be during daylight hours. I'm tired!)

3 comments:

Megan said...

Hi Meggie!

I'm always late joining the party, but saw you on the Kelly's Korner meet-up & wanted to say hi! We live in Covington, GA & have two kiddos - Emma who's 4 & Henry who's 12 months. You have such a cute family!

Saw you were thinking of a staycation for your anniversary, we did something similar last year. We stayed at a hotel in Buckhead for a night while the kiddos stayed at my parents'. Was nice to get a little break!

Take care!
Megan

Meggie said...

Hey! We live in Covington too!!! Crazy! I'll definitely have to check out your blog. =)

We went to Buckhead last year for our anniversary... just up the road but still a fun getaway. This year we'll definitely plan something, we've just got to figure out all the details. And soon!

Thanks for stopping by!

Melissa said...

Hey Meggie-
I have never heard of this CFA mommy valet service... will def. have to check this out. Also, you should totally try the running thing- it's addictive!!