Thursday, May 10, 2012

Some of my Favorite Things About Being Their Mom


For the past 2 years right before Mother's Day I've come up with a list of some of my favorite things about being Garrison's mom. So in keeping with tradition, and so I'll always remember the things I've loved about each particular age and stage, and so I can compare and contrast every year, I'm doing my now annual list. And this year it's times 2! Here's the lists of some of my favorite things about being their mom. What a blessing!!

Some of my Favorite Things About Being Garrison's Mom:

*Watching him love on his little brother
*Listening to him pray... usually it's the blessing before supper when he says "God is Great..." or the Johnny Appleseed blessing
*Watching him play with his daddy and admire his every move
*Hearing "I love you mama"
*Being amazed at his memory
*Listening to him sing Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and You Are My Sunshine
*Watching and listening to him make Austin laugh
*Receiving his big hugs
*Reading him books in bed
*Watching him play, interact, and share with Austin
*Having him sit in my lap or lay in my lap
*Watching him grow and change and learn new things

Some of my Favorite Things About Being Austin's Mom:

*Watching his face light up and turn into a big smile every morning when I go in his room to get him up
*Hearing him start to babble "ma-ma-ma-ma"
*Hearing him laugh at Garrison
*Watching him army crawl as fast as he can when he's on a mission to get into something
*Feeling him relax and lay his head on my shoulder when he's really, really tired
*Being at home with him everyday and experiencing all of his firsts with him
*Making it all better on those rare occassions when he's upset
*Kissing his chubby cheeks
*Playing peek-a-boo with him and making him laugh
*Watching him get so excited when he sees me or his daddy
*Watching him watch Garrison... and admire his every move
*Carrying around his squishy, chubby, adorable little self all over the place

My morning started off wonderful with my oldest little man at "Muffins with Mom" plus a precious pillow he made for me, and now I'm so looking forward to a fun Mother's Day weekend with my boys and family!

1 comment:

The Morrows said...

Found your blog from the comment you posted on Erin's mothers day post. It describes how I feel about motherhood exactly.
Your boys are adorable!