Monday, November 28, 2016

Our Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving was pretty wonderful. We enjoyed time with lots of family, feasted on the best food ever, and gave thanks with our favorite people. It was filled with joy and sweet memories and more than once I caught myself totally amazed by His grace. I truly enjoyed every minute. Except for maybe the post Thanksgiving meltdown by Layton due to exhaustion. Ha. Despite the meltdown it was such a special day.

We started the day bright and early at Nana and Pops' house! We had Thanksgiving breakfast with them this year. =) It worked out perfect and was soooo good!!

We had such a fun morning! We watched the parade and the boys played and colored while they waited for breakfast to get ready. 

Terrell's mom found the perfect napkins for them! Between the napkins and watching the parade, they were happy and occupied while they waited. =)


We had a huge, delicious feast for breakfast!! It was sooo good and the boys probably ate at least 7 waffles combined. Haha. After breakfast the boys played a game with Nana while we watched the parade and enjoyed hanging out together. It was a fun morning and great start to the day.

After leaving the Selph's we came home so I could put some things in the oven and then headed over to my parents' house. And we made another family picture as soon as we got there because this is the spot we've taken our Thanksgiving picture since Layton joined the family. My boys are growing so fast!

Thanksgiving 2015...

Thanksgiving 2014...
 

My parents always host a HUGE group of family for Thanksgiving and we have the best cooks in our family. Everything is always DELISH. So the Selph fam enjoyed another huge and wonderful feast Thursday afternoon. =)

Shortly after eating the boys were ready to change into play clothes so they could head outside. And since it warmed up quite a bit they changed into shorts. Gracious. Crazy Georgia weather. Layton drove around while his brothers played front yard football and hide and seek with their big cousins. 


They had so much fun and played hard non-stop until it started cooling off and getting dark. 


We ate the most delicious leftovers for supper before loading up our kiddos and heading home. Layton was already melting so it was time to go. Playing non-stop with no nap has never been a good combo for toddlers or preschoolers in our fam. Haha. We got everybody in bed as soon as possible and got settled in for the night. We were pretty worn out from our full day!

We wrapped up the evening watching the Thanksgiving episode of This Is Us. We love this show! It was the perfect ending to our day. 

We loved Thanksgiving 2016 and had the best time spending it with both our families.

I also thought often throughout the day about other families in our community who recently lost loved ones who are heartbroken and devastated. I can't imagine what their Thanksgivings were like this year. I enjoy counting my blessings and offering thanks for what we've been given because it flows from a grateful heart and I want to testify of His goodness. But I also am reminded that we aren't just called to give thanks for all things, but in all things. And I know that's so much easier said than done. I am praying for several families this holiday season and this morning during my quiet time I read Romans 15:13 and the Lord led me to pray this over these families. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. 

No comments: