Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sounds of the Season

The title I came up with makes this sound like a Christmas post. But it's not. Even though my big boy requested to watch The Grinch yesterday, we aren't quite ready for Christmas yet.

This post is about my favorite sounds of this season of life. The sounds that are daily music to my ears. The sounds that make me smile and laugh and pause to thank God for His blessings. And as a way to always remember, I'm recording them here. =)

*I love you. Hearing these words from all my boys are so special. Coming from Terrell they are sweet. Coming from Garrison they wonderful. Coming from Austin they are preicous.

*Bless you! Austin has now caught on to this one and I just love hearing it every time!

*Hello my name is child of the one true King. I've been saved, I've been changed, I have been set free. "Amazing Grace" is the song I sing, Hello my name is child of the one true King... wo oh oh oh oh oh, wo oh oh oh oh oh, wo oh oh oh oh oh. Garrison can sing this chorus word for word and Austin tries to sing it too and it is the sweetest sound ever. Listening to them sing this song is truly music to my ears and one of my absolute favorite sounds.

*The zoom of dump trucks around my house. Sometimes they're too loud, too rough, in my way, but, I love them playing together and pushing around dump trucks having fun.

*Yes mam, please, thank you, 'welcome. Good manners are always wonderful to hear!

*Terrell's garage door opening sometime after 5:00 signaling his arrival home. The afternoons can get really long around here and some days they just seem to drag on, but hearing that garage door makes me happy every single day. We ALL celebrate daddy coming home!

*The Hot Dog dance. Hearing the "Hot Dog" dance song come on at the end of Mickey Mouse is my cue to watch my babies dance. Priceless!

*Laughter. My boys' 4 year old and almost 2 year old laughter is the most adorable sound. I treasure it.

*Little footsteps. I love the sound of my babies running around the house.

*Prayers. Whether it's the blessing before meals or bedtimes prayers I love hearing them talking to God.

*Take Me Out to the Ball Game, You are my Sunshine, God is Good, and Row Row (Row your boat). Both boys sing these songs with me before naptime and bedtime and it's the sweetest sound.

*Playing together. There is nothing sweeter than the sounds of your children playing together and having fun together and getting along. It's the best thing ever. We have our fair share of fighting, crying, and not getting along... so hearing (and seeing) my boys play together is super special.

Those are all the biggies I can think of. One day the things I hear on a daily basis will change and mature and be totally different than what I hear now. And some changes I'm looking forward to! But this list and these sounds are precious to me and I want to soak them up because I know they'll be missed one day and gone before I know it.

And now I'm ready to cry about it...

No comments: