Monday, October 29, 2012

Busy, Busy

Things around here feel really busy. And my house has suffered. Soccer practice was cancelled for tonight (we weren't going to brave the wind and cold anyway, but it makes you feel better when you're not the only ones...) so we had frozen pizza (which was already on the menu) for supper and cleaned the house instead. There's still some work to be done, but at least we made a dent. I just feel better when my house is decent and in order.

Anyway, here's a quick look into our busy weekend...

Soccer went great on Saturday. GREAT!! Terrell and I have deemed our child as Most Improved. =) My number 6 scored a personal best 5 goals. Woohoo! We were thrilled he was so into it and had so much fun! This was his best game by far. Now we're ready to be done. Ha! It's been a long season. Only 2 weeks left. We can do this.

After soccer we loaded up and headed for the hometown to celebrate my dad's birthday. Austin was a handful this weekend and gave me a workout as usual... but he was also happy as can be and oh so cute.

Garrison got to help Granna make Papa's birthday cake... specifically the icing. What a treat!
 
Saturday night we enjoyed going out to eat with the fam, carving AnAn and Frankie's pumpkin, eating a yummy homemade cake, and giving Papa his presents.
 
Unfortunately, Saturday night wasn't too fun. Our baby boy decided he wasn't interested in sleeping for a couple of hours during the middle of the night. Ahhhh. So he stayed home with daddy Sunday morning to nap while Garrison and I went to church. Needless to say, Sunday night we all went to bed early!
 
Even though it was busy (and exhausting come Sunday), we had a really good, fun weekend. I love having a close knit family and I'm so grateful for the one God gave me.  

 
Happy Birthday Papa!!

No comments: