Tuesday, October 23, 2012

1st School Field Trip

Yesterday was Garrison's first ever school field trip... and my first ever field trip as a preschool teacher! At our school we do mostly "walking" field trips because they're just easier, cheaper, and more convenient, so we went on a walking field trip to the Methodist church and visited their pumpkin patch.

Terrell met us there and was able to stay for a few minutes and took some pictures for me. He's such a good daddy. =)

There we are heading to the pumpkin patch... Thankfully we had lots of parent volunteers!

Once we got there we got everybody sitting on the front steps of the church and the coordinator of the field trip read a Halloween story. The kids loved it. My baby's the one in the red jacket smiling at the camera...

After the story they got to go around and do 3 "carnival style" games, prizes and all. Shortly after the games started, Terrell had to head back to work so I didn't get many pictures after that.

Once everyone had a turn with all the games we went into the sanctuary to watch a short movie about pumpkins and how they're grown. Then, we walked by the patch and across the street to the Square where we had a picnic lunch. I was able to get away from my class for about 2 seconds to snap this picture of Garrison... mid- Cheeto. =) 
 


 
It was a really fun field trip that everybody enjoyed. The only negative about the field trip was not being able to experience it with Garrison. I saw him a lot and checked up on him as much as I could, but my ultimate responsibility was my 14 three year olds. (I conducted a head count no less than 21 times yesterday.) It made me kind of sad. I think I'm gonna need a sub for the next field trip so I can just go as a mom. Another teacher told me they've actually done that in the past for moms who have kids at the school. That would be awesome. I'm pretty sure my little man had fun with his BFF and chaperone anyway. So I'm thankful for that! Yay for fun Fall field trips!!
 
 

No comments: