Sunday, October 7, 2012

Birthday Weekend

Saturday was my birthday... and I'm now 29! The best part about this birthday was that it fell on a Saturday and I was able to spend the entire weekend with my favorite people. It was fun-filled and extra special. I am very blessed!!

This year (for the first time ever I think) we celebrated my birthday in Covington. It was a tough decision because we love being able to spend our "birthday weekend" in the hometown, but this year we have a pretty crazy October planned. We're going to be out of town every single weekend... it will be fun and memorable, but also crazy and exhausting. Sooo, that's why we decided to stay home this weekend and have everybody come to us.

My birthday weekend started on Friday with a day off from work... because my oldest little man came down with strep throat. Yuck. Thankfully he started antibiotics in time to enjoy all the birthday celebrations for his mama. My in-laws came over Friday night and took us out to eat at one of our new favorite restaurants in town. Then, after a yummy dinner we enjoyed ice cream on the Square. It was a great kick off to our weekend... then we were depressed that the Braves lost. Boohoo! Poor Chipper. Maybe when he comes back to coach one day he'll have a better experience. I just can't dwell on it...

Saturday morning my little soccer player had team pictures. I decided not to let him play in the game but took him out for pictures...



Can you tell we got a new camera? A fancy one?? I can! We're in love. We're still figuring it out because it's fancy and all but we are loving the quality!

Saturday after lunch my boys gave me their sweet cards and presents. I was very spoiled. =) Garrison was especially proud to give me the card from him and Austin and a new Braves shirt.
 
Austin was also pretty proud and excited about my birthday presents...
 
On Saturday afternoon my parents and sister and Frankie came over to celebrate with us. They took us out to eat at another one of our favorite restaurants and then we did presents and cake and ice cream.

Garrison's favorite part of every family member's birthday... plus opening their presents.

We had a great Saturday... except being depressed again because Georgia played terrible. Having a house full of guests made the night waaaay fun though. I'm so thankful everybody came to us this year and helped make my birthday so special. I enjoyed every minute. And so did my boys.
 
Today, Terrell sent me out shopping to spend my birthday gift cards all by myself while he stayed home with the boys. Yet another wonderful gift. I was able to shop for the boys and myself in just a couple of hours. Amazing! The boys played outside with daddy and enjoyed grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch and were both napping when I walked in the door.

 
After naptime, Garrison and I painted one of his pumpkins (thanks Granna!) and then we all had more outside time before supper.
 
I just love this picture of my big boy. Terrell is becoming an awesome photgrapher. =)

We have had a really great weekend... one that was full of blessings for me. Thanks so much to my amazing family for making my 29th birthday a special one! Love ya'll!!

No comments: