Monday, July 21, 2014

5 Months Old

Our baby boy turned 5 months old on July 12th, the day we left for a week of vacation at the beach. He has grown in lots of ways this month. For one, he's definitely bigger. Somehow he seems to get bigger every single night. Maybe even every single nap. Whenever I get him up after he's been asleep he always seems just a bit bigger. And I have mixed feelings about that because I LOVE watching him grow but I also want time to slow down so I can savor my baby for as long as possible.

He's also grown in personality and mobility. I feel like I have lots to update. =) This month has just been one of my favorites so far with my littlest!




Garrison at 5 months...
 
Austin at 5 months...
 
5 Months Stats and Happenings:
 
*I actually have no idea how big you are this month. I'm guessing somewhere around 16 pounds, maybe a little more. You're heavy and giving me a workout, that much I'm sure of.

*You are wearing mostly 6 months clothes (but that won't last for much longer) with some 6-9 and 6-12 thrown in. You've moved on to size 3 diapers and I'm thinking we'll be in those a while.

*This month we introduced rice cereal to you and after a few days you decided you really loved it. You are doing great with having that for breakfast every morning but now you're ready for more. Baby food at every meal with the rest of the fam is coming soon!

*You are doing great with naps and bedtime! Such a blessing!! You go to bed around 7:30 every night and sleep all night except for waking up some mornings around 6ish and needing your paci. Then you wake up for the day sometime between 7:00 and 8:00. You take an hour and a half morning nap and then a 2 hour afternoon nap. I am so thankful for your consistent sleeping habits!

*You seemed to discover your voice this month and love hearing yourself squeal and make noises. It's pretty adorable. =) 

*You still love having your hands in your mouth and are a drooling machine. I keep thinking we'll see signs of a tooth any day now, but nothing so far.
 
*You are now borderline mobile! You roll all over the place and can get yourself completely turned around facing a totally different direction with enough effort. You also can push up with your hands and arms and do an almost "scoot". Oh my, I'm not ready! You also can arch your back and push with your feet a little while laying on your back. Wow. I'm very impressed with you but would be totally fine with you waiting a little longer before becoming fully mobile.

*This month you really started paying attention to your big brothers... like looking for them and turning your head searching for them and wanting to know what they're up to. They are the ones who got you to smile for your monkey pics this month! It's been so fun to watch. I love your fascination with them and their total adoration for you. I'm praying you 3 will always be super close.

*You still get a tad fussy in the early evenings and you still end up in my lap most nights while we eat supper. It's a little challenging but perfectly okay with me. I'll be eating without anyone in my lap soon enough.

*We just can't get enough of you and love you to pieces! You make us smile and melt our hearts daily!! Happy Birthday Layton Selph!! 

No comments: