Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

We had a fun Valentine's Day yesterday. It was really laid back yet still special for the whole fam. Celebrating with 2 little boys made it even more fun.

Can you tell I'm loving my new chalkboard? I'm enjoying writing little messages on it so much. I'm thinking I need a bigger one in the future though.  

Garrison went to school yesterday specifically because it was Valentine's Day and so he wouldn't miss out on his class party. Terrell and I stayed up late Tuesday night making his and Austin's little Valentines to pass out. Austin's class celebrated on Wednesday since his class doesn't meet on Thursdays. These are the same ones I did for Garrison last year and he insisted he wanted them again. About halfway through making 30 of these I was wondering why I didn't pick some up from Wal-Mart. Maybe next year I can figure out something cutesy but EASY.

Austin and I joined Garrison for his party. Baby boy got to sit at the table and eat a Valentine cookie just like big brother.
After we got home and Garrison went through all his goodies and everyone had naps, we had a little play time outside. It was a tad chilly but so pretty after the rainy week we've had that we just couldn't stay in. They loved getting outside.

Terrell and I decided to give them their Valentine stuff from us right before heading out the door to pick up our take-out and dessert. They opened their cards (Garrison's had stickers and Austin's had a talking Elmo)...

Then they opened their bag of snacks. (Plus Garrison got a pack of stickers.) They both got a heart full of candy plus some healthy snacks. They were pretty excited. =)
 
Then they opened their other cards and goodies. Pops and Nana had given them a little tin of goodies, plus they got cards in the mail from Granna and Papa and Nanny.
We told them they are 2 very special and very LOVED little boys. 
After we made the mad rush to get our fancy take-out and dessert we all got settled and ate together. Our food was delicious. Terrell and I both ate way too much. It was SO good. Then we gave the boys dessert because we were way too full to eat another bite.

While the boys had dessert we decided to read our hearts from our "I love you because" jar. Garrison did the honors of taking out the hearts one at a time and telling us who they were from. We read Austin's first, then Garrison's, then Terrell's, then mine. It was sweet and special and everyone enjoyed it. Even Austin smiled proudly when we read his.

It would take forever for me to list out what all 32 hearts said so I'll just do a couple...

Austin's Favorites:
I love you because you give me hugs. -Garrison
I love you because you like me to read to you. -Mama
I love you because you always come and check on me in the mornings. -Daddy

Garrison's Favorites:
I love you because you are the best paci finder! -Austin
I love you because you love to play sports outside with me. -Daddy
I love you because you are such a good big brother. -Mama

Daddy's Favorites:
I love you because you still know how to make me laugh. -Meggie
I love you because you play with me. -Garrison
I love you because you hold me and let me climb on you. -Austin

Mama's Favorites...they were actually ALL my favorites but here are just a few:
I love you because you make me a better person. -Terrell
I love you because you take care of me. -Garrison
I love you because you read me my favorite books everyday. -Austin

After we got cleaned up from dinner we got the kids in the bath, made lunches, laid out clothes, and put them to bed. Plus they made a few thank you phone calls. Terrell and I had made plans to watch a movie... which almost didn't happen because both boys seemed to be on sugar highs or something... but we finally did! We watched Taken 2 (and ate our dessert!) We both really liked it. Can't go wrong with a suspenseful, action-packed movie with a good ending. And that's what Valentine's Day 2013 looked like at our house. =)

Here's what we were up to last year.

No comments: