Thursday, February 7, 2013

Two Bright Spots

Today was not my best day. My big boy started the day in a bad mood. Then my littlest man was in. to. everything. Not that that's anything new, it just got to me more today and stressed me out.

(Have you ever tried vacuuming while a 17 month old is right up under you and pulling pieces off the vacuum and handing them to you and right in your path the entire time?)

We're just smack dab in the middle of Operation Birthday Party is in 1.5 days. Things are just a tad crazy as we clean, shop, prepare, wrap, and finalize last minute details.

So mama just felt impatient and snappy all day. Plus it was cold and rainy so I couldn't even send all the boys outside while daddy grilled tonight.

(My husband insisted on grilling our pork chops because that's what was on the menu and they're just better grilled. They were delish if I do say so myself)

Anyway the two bright spots in my day came after naptime. Austin is getting close to being ready to give up his morning nap. But this morning Garrison and I were trying to clean bathrooms during his morning nap so we needed him to go on to sleep for a little bit. He finally did and this is what I discovered when I went in to wake him up. Somebody's had some naptime shenanigans of his own. =)




Then, after naptime was over for my big boy this afternoon I walked in to discover this: Garrison asleep at the foot of his bed wedged between 2 pillows... with Woody peeking over at him. Haha! It cracked me up so I had to run and grab my phone again.

Shortly after, I heard Austin waking up and getting fussy. His afternoon nap was way shorter than it should have been. I tried to wait it out but baby boy was not going back to sleep. I'm thinking a poo poo diaper might have had something to do with that...

Anyway, I walked in to discover this: He'd been at it again!  And he was making a face at me letting me know how he really felt about the situation. Oh my.

Tonight Terrell tried to get that sheet and mattress cover on as fitted and tight as he could. Goodness gracious. At least I didn't walk in to discover him stripped down or anything.

They are a handful and they most definitely try me and wear me out and make me crazy sometimes, but they're also my bright spots in any rough day. I appreciated all my naptime surprises. They made me smile despite my moodiness. =)

No comments: