Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine Program

Yesterday Garrison participated in his first ever "performance". And he did great!! I was such a proud mama.

Our preschool puts on a Valentine program every year and each class (except Austin's- the 1 year olds) participates and sings a few songs, recites a poem or two, and then the whole school sings together at the end. My class performed with Garrison's class (since they're both 3 year old classes) so I knew each and every song and got to be front and center when it was time for the performance.

This is a picture of Garrison once he spotted daddy. Precious. (I had to crop and zoom big time because my co-teacher and I were up positioning kiddos and our backsides were captured perfectly in the photo. Gracious.)
Here's a shot of our combined classes getting ready to perform.
 
Garrison was quite the focused performer and did such a good job!
 
Singing their little hearts out
 
Taking a bow and accepting applause
 
Here's a shot of the whole school ready to sing. As you can see, the paparazzi flooded the aisle at this point. My little man is on the left side, 2nd row (from the bottom).  
I was so proud of Garrison (and my class!). The program was very entertaining and all in all a success. And I just have to brag on my second born. Austin did amazing throughout the entire performance! Terrell said he was perfectly relaxed and chill the whole time. I never once heard a peep out of him. I was very proud of my littlest man too! Talk about an impressive job by the Selph boys!

After the program we went out to eat with Terrell's parents and my mom. And that's when Garrison became all out of sorts. All the focus and self-control was left at the church. Ha! Thankfully we survived the meal and got the boys in bed at a somewhat decent hour....

Just before a surprise arrived on my doorstep via UPS. Sparkly Green Earrings!! Squeal!! My mom surprised me with me it. Big time! I told Terrell we have to learn how to be like that when we grow up. How to know when our grown children would like a certain something and how to act on it... and have it mailed to them... immediately! He agreed. We want to be like that. =)

**Huge thanks to Pops, Nana, and Granna for coming over in the rain to see our baby in his first performance. Being on a Monday night with an early start time an hour away from B'ville we weren't sure if anyone would be able to make it. So we really, really appreciate ya'll being here! (Thankfully Terrell recorded the whole thing so other family members could see it too. =)

No comments: