Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween Wrap Up

I have one more post on Halloween and then we're calling it a wrap. Bring on Thanksgiving! 

I started a tradition with Garrison his first Halloween of making oreo spiders together, and we've done it every single year since. And it's always been fun and something I've looked forward to. But for some reason, this year I wasn't as prepared... or I was just too busy... or I didn't prioritize like I should have... (this is where I could tell you all about how I really love my job but don't exactly enjoy working... but I'll avoid the pity party and save that post for later.)

Anyway, this year we didn't make oreo spiders (that turn out wonderful and cutesy) , we made whateverwehaveinthehouse spiders (that turn out less than wonderful and cutesy). We ended up using a pack of mini chocolate doughnuts, pretzel sticks, and cherrios. Oh well. We continued the tradition, (sort of) and made memories with what we had. Garrison had fun and both boys loved the special snack they got to eat, so that's all that matters anyway I guess.     



Our poor, pitiful spiders...
 
At least Austin deemed them edible
 
And good

**********************************************

A brand new Halloween tradition we started this year was participating in our school's annual Halloween parade. This was our first experience with the parade and I thought everything went great. Everyone wears their costumes to school and the parents line up around the whole church while we parade the perimeter. It was fun for the kids and teachers and the parents LOVED it. I dressed my boys in costumes from the past because I knew they would get their lunch or party food on the real costumes if I didn't. Austin went as a monkey (Garrison's very first costume ever) and Garrison went as a pirate (his costume he barely fit into from last year). I went as a crazy lady in pink, including a pink wig (because I was forced to along with all the other teachers- ha!). Terrell came to watch the parade and made a couple of pictures for me. After the parade everyone took their kids home early. A nice Halloween treat for the teachers. =)

I think that concludes our Halloween festivities and my documentation of them. We're counting down to Thanksgiving now. 2 weeks til the Break!!

No comments: