Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Garrison is Thankful and So Are We!

One of our Thanksgiving projects this year has been having Garrison tell me what he's thankful for everyday as we countdown to Thanksgiving. Then, as a sometimes bonus (when we remembered) he got a piece of candy from his Halloween stash. The neat thing about this little project was how well he embraced it. He actually enjoyed telling me what he was thankful for and reminded me to ask if I forgot. There was absolutely no prompting from me so I was able to write down his exact words everyday... which I'll will definitely be keeping. And of course seeing things through his eyes is such a blessing anyway. So here's his list... plus a short list from Terrell, Austin, and I.

Garrison Is Thankful
 
1. That the man came to spray all the bugs (we weren't infested, just had a one time treatment)
2. For all our family
3. That we got to go outside
4. For my Granna & Papa and Nana & Pops
5. That I love Austin
6. That I got to go to Shannon's birthday party
7. For my mama and my daddy and my Austin
8. That I been good that other day (referring to a day at school that he was especially good)
9. For my breakfast
10. That it's my last game of soccer practice (referring to his last game)
11. For the colorful leaves
12. That me and Gray are best friends and we get the trucks (their favorite toys on the playground at school)
13. That Nana is coming over
14. That I get to work at my tool table
15. That I share with Austin
16. That I love Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood
17. For my breakfast and having cinnamon rolls 3 days (when daddy has the day off we make cinnamon rolls for breakfast... 3 times in a week is a record!)
18. That we got to go to Granna and Papa's house and see all the people we love
19. That we get to go to Granna and Papa's 2 times (referring to going back for Thanksgiving)
20. That we can go to the doctor (surprisingly he was thankful he could go to the doctor for a flu shot, for his 1 year follow up after tubes, and for me going to the doctor so I could feel better)

Austin Is Thankful

*For mama and daddy and Garrison
*For mealtimes
*For books
*For his rocking horse
*For Garrison sharing
*For shoulders to lay his head on

Terrell/Daddy is Thankful

*For a healthy family
*For an awesome wife that is an awesome mom
*That family is so important in our life
*That the boys like to play outside and enjoy sports
*That the Trojans, Bulldogs, and Falcons are doing good
*For my Savior Jesus and our church in Barnesville

I Am Thankful

*For a sensitive, loving, supportive, and hard working husband who still knows how to make me laugh
*For my boys playing together and sharing
*That both of my boys love books and being read to
*That I was finally able to go to the doctor and get some meds for my cold/sinus infection/whatever
*That we get to spend Thanksgiving with family
*For Jesus. And that like the Chris Tomlin song says The One who reigns forever, He is a Friend of mine, The God of angel armies is always by my side

We have sooo much to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!
 
 

No comments: