Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Garrison Funnies

Since I've been sick with a yucky cold the past few days and we've been laying low, I don't have a whole lot to blog about lately. But I still want to write because I enjoy it and I miss it when I don't. Sooo, this seemed like a perfect time to "journal" some of the funnies Garrison has come up with lately. I haven't done this in a while because these little funnies have become a little more rare. Little man is growing up. 

From the mouth of my 3.5 year old....

*One day Garrison was standing on his bathroom stool brushing his teeth at my parents' house when Austin sneezed on him. So Garrison "tattled" and said... Austin bless you'd on my knee. Mama, he blessed you'd on me. On my knee. It cracked me up.

*One night when I had a Premier show Terrell took the boys to the Chick-Fil-A drive-thru for supper. On the way, Garrison talked daddy into ordering a cookie. (He is his mother's child. Yum-O.) After they got the food and were heading home he said, Since I was da one who wanted da cookie, I will split it up when we get home. Oh my. He's a smart one.

*We have a little book of Bible verses that sits on our kitchen counter, and every few days Garrison will ask me to turn the page and read him the new one. One day, the new verse was Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a Light unto my path, Psalm 119:105. Garrison's response to that verse was, I don't like a lamp to my feet. That is not nice. It was SO funny. But I had some explaining to do...

*Recently Garrison overheard us talking about taking Emma (my parents/sister's dog) to the mountains when she was a puppy. After processing everything he said, On da way to da mountains when Emma was a puppy, was she 1? We said no, she wasn't even 1 yet. So he responded, Was she in somebody's tummy? (Implying AnAn's or Granna's or another person's.) Oh gracious.

*Garrison's work/tool table is in our office and he works and plays with that thing every single day. And more than once he's told me, I'm jus gonna be in da office workin mama. Too cute.

*One day during lunch Austin was being super demanding and super dramatic. And it was wearing on me. So I told him I couldn't handle him being so dramatic. Then Garrison chimed in with, Mama, I'm not being so 'matic. Thanks buddy. It's rough dealing with 2 being dramatic at the same time.

*A few weeks ago I was on the phone with my mom asking her what my dad wanted for his birthday and right on cue Garrison yells from the backseat, CAKE! Duh. That's what everybody wants for their birthday.

*Little man can negotiate like nobody's business. It's crazy. He usually negotiates over things like dessert and play time before bed. And our strategy is to always negotiate 1 less than we're willing to give. It gives us the upperhand. Here's an example:

One day Garrison was asking for animal crackers or some kind of snack after supper and requested 4 (of whatever it was).
Terrell: How bout 2?
Garrison: 4
Terrell: 2
Garrison: 4 
Terrell: 1
Garrison: 3
Terrell: Sounds good.
How crazy is that!? Or maybe we're the crazy ones for negotiating with our 3 year old child. Oh dear.

He keeps us on our toes and he keeps us laughing. Before we know it Austin will have his own funnies and keep us cracking up too. I just love our laughter filled home.

***P.S. I've been working on "Our Story- Part 2", and I'm just about finished. Yay! I'll be posting later this week in honor of our first anniversary... which is actually November 24, 1999... but that's like 2 days after Thanksgiving when I'll have lots of other stuff to post about. So I guess I'll be posting in honor of our first anniversary month. It's coming soon..... =)

No comments: