Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful For...

As I'm rushing around packing (and spraying Lysol because my husband came home from work sick yesterday) and trying to prepare for the days ahead with family and food (and Christmas trees!) I've tried to pause and give myself a moment to take a breath and just be thankful for the small things. So here's the list that's been forming in my head~

I'm thankful my hubby appears to be on the mend! I was panicked big time at the thought of him (or any of us) missing out on any of our Thanksgiving festivities. We're still not out the woods yet but we're optimistic. =)

I'm thankful for my 2 year old's health and the blessing of watching him experience the Christmas season. There's just nothing like it! Seeing things through the eyes of my child is pure joy!!

I'm thankful for my healthy baby boy who has started sleeping until 5:00 or later every morning. He made us parents again and Garrison a big brother and I feel especially grateful to be his mama.

I'm thankful we only live an hour from "home" and our parents only live 10 minutes apart! Yay for celebrating holidays with both sides!!

I'm thankful for my house and that it doesn't take me forever to go from room to room to pack for everybody! Sometimes I tend to complain about space around here, especially when it feels like toys are taking over and we're just running out of room. But when it comes to packing and cleaning and keeping an eye on one of my babies while tending to the other- it's perfect.

I'm thankful this isn't just a week off of teaching for me! Staying home has been the biggest blessing ever.


I'm thankful the Georgia Bulldogs turned things around and made my husband pleasant to be around on Saturdays. =)

I'm thankful for my parents who are hands down the most generous people I know.

I'm thankful for a close friendship with my sister and her love for my boys.

I'm thankful for a personal relationship with Jesus and His sacrifice for me.

I'm thankful for my husband's money making and managing skills. He could SO be a financial planner.

Last but not least, I'm thankful for the holiday season and the opportunity to celebrate with family.


HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

1 comment:

amy (metz) walker said...

Lots to be thankful for! :)