Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Sunday-Funday

Sunday afternoon was the best. The BEST. 😊

 Sunday morning, on the other hand, was a different story. We had a rough time trying to get out of the house for church and our attitudes weren't that great. The boys were whining and complaining about their clothes, their shoes, their life. It was just peachy. But we got our hearts right once we were there, enjoyed our morning of fellowship and discipleship, and came home to enjoy our first bright, sunny, beautiful Sunday afternoon in weeks! I think it's rained here every single Sunday since Easter. So we were stoked about the pretty weather!!

As soon as we finished lunch, Terrell went outside to help his dad finish up our deck. We are soooo close to having it 100% complete!! #alltheclappinghands And the boys went out to play. They were thrilled about an afternoon to do whatever they wanted. So they played outside for a stretch and then came in to watch some of the Braves games, while I did some cleaning. It was peaceful and pleasant and the best. I even took a break to sit down and read. Yay. 

The boys were in and out between playing outside and watching the Braves, I did laundry and cleaned a bathroom and then we all ended up outside. In our backyard. IN THE POOL!! Our first family swim! Squeal!!!!!!

Terrell and his dad finished up with the deck (there's only like 2% work to go!) and then Terrell started putting together our table for the deck where looking forward to sharing lots of poolside meals, and then the boys swam. We even got out some of our new pool toys (that the boys actually got for Christmas) and Garrison and Austin swam while Layton stayed on the steps or threw them balls and then retrieved the balls they threw out. 

Then, because it was hot and sunny and gorgeous, and a certain 4 year old was begging me to get in with him, I took the plunge! Haha. The pool water temp was 74 degrees (highest ever), so still chilly but not unbearable... and after deciding I couldn't handle the torture of entering one step at a time and trying to "adjust" to the water, I jumped. Which was so much easier and not torture at all! 

Notice who's not with me? The 4 year old who begged me to swim with him. Hahaha. It was too cold for Layton Thomas to be fully immersed so he decided he was satisfied with the steps and throwing and catching balls and Frisbees that'd been in water. 😊


Once Terrell finished with our table, he decided to swim too. We had soo much fun. And it was crazy that we were in our own backyard!! I told Terrell I could hardly believe it. My heart was so happy and full! It's OURS I said! Our dream! 😊😊😊



We had the best time. We jumped off the diving board, played with pool toys, and I swam the perimeter and did my laps. Haha. 

Terrell made this picture of us from the deck and you can see just a little of our railing. We're in love!! All we need now is to make the finishing touches on the deck and get rest of our furniture! 

I put off making lunches for the week and finishing (and even sacrificing) some of my Sunday chores in the name of fun and enjoying our first family swim. And it was totally worth it and didn't even stress me out. #woohoo It was the perfect preview of summer and we are soo excited!

And because state testing for our 3rd grader began today, we got the kiddos ready for bed early and even read to or with everybody beforehand. It'd been a long time since we'd prioritized reading together before bed. Since Spring Break we've been a little behind on our bedtime routine. Summer is on the brain I guess. Plus the boys begging to watch one more inning of the Braves. 

But this was the perfect way to wrap up our Sunday-Funday. Reading, prayers, and everyone going to sleep fast. It was the best day. 😊

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: