Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Mother's Day Weekend 2018

My Mother's Day weekend was pretty wonderful. I enjoyed all the special gifts from my boys, all the quality time I got to spend with my guys, and all the special little celebrations with family. It was a great weekend start to finish.

We kicked things off Friday afternoon as soon as we got home from school. Terrell planned for us to grill out and swim and have a fun night together at home. The boys have been asking to swim almost every single day after school but we've just had too many practices and games to have time. So Friday afternoon and evening we made the most of our night off!

The first thing I did was sit down to read. Ahhh. The best. Of course I made it through approximately 2 paragraphs before someone was begging me to get in the pool. Haha. But that's okay, it was hot anyway. 😊 This book is different than her other ones I've read but I'm really enjoying it so far. 

The boys and I had such a great time together waiting for daddy to get home and finished with work. (He was actually home a little early but had to keep "working" taking phone calls/writing emails, until quite a while later.) But we had so much fun. The water was pretty perfect temperature wise so we loved it!

Then we all swam together once daddy joined us!

Annnd, since we got the piece to our table we needed, Terrell got all the chairs put together and we ate outside!! I think that made my weekend. It was the best!! Terrell grilled us hamburgers and hotdogs and we had chips and pickles and it was pretty much the perfect night. 


The deck is now 100% finished, we'll be getting an umbrella for the table soon, my lounge chairs should be here by this weekend, and now I have to pick out something else to go on the lower deck with the grill. I am so excited about enjoying our deck, backyard, and pool lots and lots this summer!! 

We were able to sleep in a little on Saturday morning and when I woke up I decided to lay in bed a while and scroll fb.... and look what was there! Spring of 2011 with mama, daddy, 2 year old Garrison, and Austin growing in my belly. Such a sweet memory!
 After getting up Saturday morning we all got ready to go our separate ways for different ball games. Garrison's last soccer game of the season and Austin's and Layton's last baseball game of the season ended up being scheduled for the exact same time last minute. So I went with Garrison while Terrell, Austin, and Layton went to the t-ball field. Garrison had a GREAT game and his team won their 3rd game of the season! It was awesome seeing them play their best game ever. And we actually got to see Austin and Layton play the end of their game too! They lost a good one but we all enjoyed ice cream at DQ with the team afterwards. 😊

Then we went home and all showered and got ready for our night out with Terrell's side of the fam to celebrate Mother's Day. We met up with his sister and her family at the half-way point and had a fun dinner together. And we managed a big family selfie too! 

Terrell with his mom and sister...

And Nana with her grands....

Saturday night we stopped to buy groceries on the way home and then crashed after our full day. It was a great Saturday. 

Sunday morning we slept in as late as a Sunday morning would allow (while the boys played and ran around the house unattended playing some kind of version of hide and seek dodgeball?, haha), and after a crazy morning trying to get ready for church, we made it out the door. And here's my annual picture of me with my boys on Mother's Day. So blessed to be their mama!!
And a quick look back at Mother's Day past with my babies.... and my changing hairstyles. Hahaha!

2017

2016

2015

2014

2013

2012



2011

2010

They grow so fast! So fast that my BABY is about to graduate preschool and start big school after this summer! I can hardly believe how fast childhood flies. 

We had a busy morning on the preschool hall but I got some fun messages from my littlest! Haha!!

Photo bomber. 😊

Sunday after church we came home to change clothes and I gathered up all of my goodies from my boys. They made things at school and at church that were so sweet. Every single one was special and made me feel super loved. 

Once we were all changed it was time to head to Granna's to celebrate! I think this picture turned out really good of Granna and her grands. 😊

And then a couple of me and my sister (plus Harlie!) with our mom. 


Then these 4. #hearteyesfordays

After a fun and delicious meal with my mom's side of the family we loaded up our crew and went over to my Nanny's house for the rest of the afternoon. We had a sweet visit with her catching up and letting the boys eat ice cream and play before coming home for swimming! My to-do list was real despite it being Mother's Day so we let the boys swim (they'd been begging to go) while I made lunches for the week and laid out my clothes for the week. It was peaceful and quiet and my view was my FAVORITE. 


We wrapped up the night together watching Atlanta United play a great game and come away with the win. It was the best. We enjoyed the whole weekend and I do not take for granted my blessings and gifts in my boys, my mom, mother-in-law, and grandmothers. He's a good, good Father.

Have a great Tuesday! Counting down to summer something serious over here!!

No comments: