Friday, May 11, 2018

A Few of My Favorite Things About being Their Mom

HAPPY FRIDAY!! #allthepraisehands

Mother's Day weekend is here! Everything kicks off this morning with fun things at school and then we have a jam-packed weekend of celebrating with our moms and grandmothers. But first, I just have to document a few of my favorite things about being mama to my 3 little men. 😊

*They make me laugh a LOT. Life is never dull or boring and they crack me up daily. I'm very thankful that I live with FOUR fun loving, full of life guys. Laughter is a regular thing here and I love it. 

*Their love of books and reading is my favorite!! We started reading to them as babies and it grew from there. They love being read to, reading to us, visiting the library, and they all keep books in their beds at all times. Even Garrison still enjoys us reading a chapter of his book to him. I'm so grateful they all enjoy the hobby of reading!

*Their relationships and friendships with each other is the best thing ever. Yes they fight and bicker/yell (haha) a lot, but they love each other so much and do almost everything together. They have tons in common and are just super close. I am so thankful for the gift of friendship, loyalty, and unconditional love they have in each other. I pray they are always, always close.


*The way they love me (and their daddy) melts me. The saying is true... boys really do LOVE their mamas. The way they love me is the sweetest, most special thing. And their bond with Terrell is so special to me too. We didn't know when we started our family that God planned 3 little boys for us, but we are so glad he did. Their love is priceless.

*Their hard work and effort at school is pretty amazing. I have been so proud of my big boys and the way they are motivated to do their best and eager to learn more and more. And Layton has done awesome with preschool this year. I love watching them learn and their excitement over achieving something they've worked hard for.

*Their eyes, smiles, and freckles are precious and adorable. Doesn't every mom think the faces of their children are the best!? They can sure melt my heart with their eyes and eyelashes, sweet smiles, and the sprinkling of freckles they all have. 😊

*I love their love of sports and sharing the fun and excitement of being a sports fan with them! And of course watching them play sports is super fun and one of my very favorite things. Watching sports on TV and going to see our favorite teams in person is a huuuge favorite for all of us and I love that we can all enjoy it together (and I'm not left out.... haha!).

*I LOVE them asking me to pray for them. Oh my heart! They know I am always, ALWAYS willing to pray for them and with them. Whenever anyone is worried or nervous or has something bothering them or is feeling afraid, ANYTHING, I always suggest we pray about it. And I'm praying that turning to Jesus first is something we're instilling in them now. Praying for them and with them is such a special blessing. What a friend we have in Jesus! 

*I love that they all still want to sit in my lap or be held from time to time. Layton and Austin a little more often than Garrison, but even Garrison, who is almost as big as me still asks to sit in my lap every now and then. I mean! Those opportunities are limited because he's growing so fast and getting so big. It's pretty sweet to still be needed for lap-sitting and holding. 

*They way they love our families is extra special. They all have a sweet, sweet relationship with Piper and love her to the moon, and they are all close to their grandparents. Whenever we go out to eat they always ask who's coming with us and they're disappointed if we go by ourselves. Haha. Family is special and they already see the value and importance of it. 

Thank you Lord for the precious boys you gave me. May we raise them in the nurture and admonition of Jesus.

Happy Friday and Happy Mother's Day Weekend! 

No comments: