Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Last Day of School & Memorial Day Weekend

We had such a wonderful long weekend together. I'm back to work today for post-planning but summer has officially started and the Selph fam is thankful and excited!! (And also praying our littlest is on the mend after getting sick last night and that no one else gets it! #boo #sicknessbegone)

Our last day of school was Friday and we only had a half day so it was short and sweet. Here are my boys on their last day of 3rd grade, Kindergarten, and Preschool...



They were excited and ready. 😊

(And here's a flashback to our 1st day of school)

I was feeling great about my last day with students and definitely on a summer starts this afternoon high, until I got to school and Terrell sent me one of our fb memories. This sweet, adorable, precious baby boy is now heading to 4th grade! #sobs Trying to soak it up and slow it down and enjoy it all. Man does time fly.

My para and I just after saying goodbye to our kiddos! We made a great team this year and I'm so thankful I get to work with her again for the upcoming year!

This is what the back of our shirts look like. Woohoo! 😊

My parents picked up all 3 boys from school and took them out to lunch to celebrate since I had to work until 2 on Friday. So after picking them up from my parents' house, we arrived home to a surprise from their other grandparents! Terrell's parents left them a candy bouquet, cards, and baseball cards as another little celebration of the last day. They were super surprised and thrilled with their goodies!

As soon as we sorted through book bags and last day goodies, we changed into swimsuits and headed for the pool! After TONS of rain this week we were sooo excited for a little sunshine and swimming!! 

Saturday morning was pretty lazy until we started getting ready for our official grand opening pool party! (Based on the weather, we decided to host our Memorial Day get together on Saturday.... which doubled as our grand opening pool party. 😊) We had so much fun!!



After lots of swimming, Terrell grilled hamburgers and hotdogs for us and some of us lounged and read. Ah. Sweet, sweet summertime. 

Austin actually went in to watch the Braves game (or some baseball game) and fell asleep! Bless it. Swimming can be exhausting and lead to some awesome naps. 😊

We had such a good meal together and enjoyed eating out on our brand new deck. (I'm going to plan a start to finish post soon of our new backyard!) It was a fun grand opening party with lots of laughs and delicious food. Including an ice cream bar for dessert! The whole afternoon and evening was the best.

Sunday morning we overslept a tad but made it to church barely on time in our red, white, and blue. 😊

And Austin's Sunday School artwork was my favorite! 

Sunday afternoon was overcast but DRY, so we spent our time poolside while we could. The rain around here has felt non-stop. And we have more coming this week. So we're making the most of our opportunities to be outside!

Terrell even decided to cut our backyard/new sod for the first time.... so of course our littlest man had to join in and help out. #mylandscapers #likefatherlikeson

Monday morning was lazy for everyone. It was rainy and messy and we slept as late as we could before getting up and starting the day. I ended up going shopping while Terrell and the boys stayed home. I went in search of a new swimsuit but struck out. I may have to order one. Eeesh. The boys got super bored at home so Terrell took them to Dollar Tree and out to lunch. Haha. Once I got home there was a break in the rain so the boys went out to swim while I did a few things around the house. 

And then to wrap up our long weekend, we went out on a family date! And it was Terrell's idea!! Haha! He said he was trying to speak my love language. 😊 We had a great family date night. 

Not perfect.... but close. 😊

So, so grateful for the men and women who have served and fought for our freedoms so I can enjoy weekends like this one with my family. Praying God's blessings and grace on their families as they are remembered. 

Have a terrific Tuesday!

No comments: