Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Catching Up

Since I feel like May is the craziest month ever and I haven't had time to blog about everyday happenings, I decided I needed to try to catch up a little. I'm going to want to remember this stuff! 😊

We've had a long few weeks of school this month. Summer is in the air, everyone is counting down, we can all smell freedom, and the kids are crazy. Cuh-RAY-zee. Haha! But this quote is soo very true. One of my new favorites for sure. And I'm having to keep it in mind so I don't lose my mind. Ha!
Enjoying a year of school with my middle man has been pretty awesome. At the beginning of the year he wanted me to walk him to his classroom every single morning and he made some regular visits to my classroom during the day due to some anxiety issues that we never would've predicted. But, as the year went on, he became more and more confident and now he's a pro. I'm so proud of him. He's definitely ready for 1st grade. 

Piper and AnAn have been over to swim a couple of times and Baby Girl loves the pool! She's even jumped off the diving board a time or two!! 

Just for record keeping purposes I had to post Layton's little Mother's Day questionnaire he did at school. Haha! These are always so special and funny. 

Last Monday was the only day it didn't rain last week. So we took advantage of it by swimming after school and eating outside! #bestMondayever  

We are enjoying our new backyard so much!!

We finally wrapped up Spring sports and now we're moving on to some summer sports commitments.... but thankfully we get to wrap those up mid-June. We sure do love watching our boys play.


I'm pretty sure Garrison's biggest fan was Piper Caroline. She was so sweet greeting him with a big hug after one of his games. 😊

T-ball was exciting as always and both our boys had a ton of fun. Layton got tired of playing in the field during most games but he honestly loved the season as a whole. He loved going to practice, LOVED batting, and had a blast winning. Haha. And Austin's love of the game runs deep. 😊 It was a really fun season.




This month we also had another big yard sale and Terrell was finally able to clean out the garage and get things organized the way he wanted. It looks amazing!! Unfortunately I don't have a before picture, but let's just say it was a cluttered and very messy space. Now it's clutter-free and perfect. Yay.

Last week my para and I decided we wanted to start a new tradition of putting our students' handprints on the ceiling tiles in our room every year. And it's perfect because this is my first year in Pre-K so I got to start the tradition with my very first class. They've been driving me crazy big time, but these handprints and names melt me. 

We had the best Saturday this past Saturday. After a very rainy (and exhausting!) week, we slept in Saturday morning, went to a fun birthday party at lunch time, then after I got home from buying groceries, we spent the rest of the afternoon in the pool or in our new lounge chairs enjoying the sunshine! It was the best day!

Terrell got our new umbrellas set up and everything too. YAY! 



We just need one more for the table on our deck and we'll be set. 😊

We all sort of felt like we were at the beach on Saturday. It was sunny but not miserably hot, we had the shade of our umbrellas, and we smelled like sunscreen. Ha. Even Layton decided to scoop and pour pool water into his bucket as if it were sand. Hahaha! We had such a great afternoon together. And we topped it off with Mexican take-out for supper and watching the Braves. Summer is definitely in the air. 

We've had a busy, fun, tiring month of May so far. 😊

I'm hoping to blog about my favorites from our last week of school on Friday.... but this is another crazy-busy week so who knows. Ha. Even though we have lots going on this week and are worn out already, we are most definitely counting down and SOOO excited about summer break!!

No comments: