Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Garrison's 9th Birthday Party

On Friday night, we celebrated Garrison's upcoming 9th birthday with a fun and really WILD party! 😊 We had 12 boys and 5 girls, plus lots of family and friends. It was loud, crazy, and chaotic, and I think we may have been in over our heads given I STILL had no voice, but our birthday boy and guests seemed to have a blast so we're calling it a success. And Garrison's last huge "at home" birthday party. Hahahaha! 

My bestie Megan designed our invites last minute for us and did an amazing job! "Beyblades" was a unique theme and the invitation turned out perfect! Her work is seriously the best. 

We remembered a family picture shortly after the party started. Love this pre-party tradition. And my guys!!

The birthday boy! 

This is the only picture I got of the cake table and the lighting didn't turn out the best. But it was a Friday night in the Winter and I was sort of running around like crazy.... so it's all good. Ha. I'm just thankful I made some pictures. 😊

Garrison's Beyblade cake!

He requested a chocolate and vanilla cake with edible beyblades on top and our cake lady pulled it off! It was super yummy and just what the birthday boy wanted. 


Given the unique theme Garrison chose and the fact that we were sort of scrambling to pull off this party, we went with simple favors.... packs of starbursts. One of the official names of beyblades are "Beyblades Burst" so we thought Starburst sort of fit. Simple, cheap, easy. Check, check, check.  

Once the party guests arrived everyone went upstairs.... and it didn't take long for things to get C-R-A-Z-Y. Haha! The boys were so loud, so rough, so rambunctious, so wound up, etc, etc, etc, that I literally had to stage an intervention and bring my sister upstairs with me to be my "voice". Haha! 

At one point I'm afraid I got so frustrated with not being able to use my teacher voice and somewhat rein in the madness that I whisper-yelled to Terrell YOU HAVE GOT TO STEP UP!!! The funny thing is my husband is way more outgoing, loud, and sociable than I am but has said for years he can't handle birthday parties. They overwhelm him and he sort of takes a backseat and lets me take charge of everything. So in his defense he was out of his comfort zone a bit. Still. Muted-mama needed help!
    
These sweet girls weren't apart of all the craziness. Bless them. 😊

At one point Garrison even requested we sort of get everyone calmed down a little. It was that crazy! Haha!! I think everyone had tons of fun though. And no one was seriously hurt or injured. #phew

Believe it or not, we finally did manage some "controlled crazy" and I think the kiddos had a blast. And after eating pizza and playing a ton more, we were ready for cake and ice cream. Can't believe there are 9 candles this year!! My firstborn baby boy is growing up. #sofast #tryingtosavoreveryage

I took this picture right after he'd made eye contact with me and smiled BIG. He was so happy... and he's been eyeing me during every Happy Birthday song for at least the past 4 years. #meltme



After cake and ice cream we got everybody rounded up for presents. And the whole crew was super excited and watched every second of Garrison opening cards and gifts. 


And this was my view.... Haha!

He got his very first "real" Bible for his birthday this year too. He'd definitely graduated from Children's Bibles but still needed something kid-friendly. So Nana and Pops did the research and picked out what they thought would be best. We're so excited to help him learn more about God's Word. 



The party started winding down after presents and sometime before 9:00 we prepared for the 2nd half of Garrison's party and his first ever spend the night company. 😊 

He really wanted a few of his closest friends to spend the night for his birthday but still wanted an at-home birthday party for all his friends....so we stole the Friday night party idea from close friends and made both birthday requests happen. The party was huge and fun and wild, but his favorite thing was the spend the night part. He invited 3 boys to spend the night and they had the best time together and were so sweet. We set them up in the basement and got Austin and Layton to bed so Garrison could have some time with his buddies without his brothers present. (And this was a big deal because our boys do everything together and are super close. But it was the right decision.) Terrell and I LOVED watching the 4 of them together and hearing their conversations and the way they got along and played so well. Our baby is definitely growing up. 

We had a late night and an early morning but it was worth it. They had the best time. And doughnuts for breakfast was a huge hit. 😊 

I hope a table full of sweet boys becomes more and more regular at my house as my boys grow. Love this group and so thankful God gave Garrison these sweet friends! (Plus 2 brothers!)

Garrison's 9th birthday party was an adventure for all of us! It was memorable, fun, wild, and special. Big, BIG thanks to my in-laws for picking up the cake and pizza for us and for all the ladies in the fam helping be my voice all night!! 

Now, we're on the countdown to birthday #9!! 😊

A look back at Garrison's parties recorded here on the blog....

PokΓ©mon Party

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: