Friday, January 12, 2018

Friday Favorites: Crazy Week Edition

We've had a pretty crazy week around here and are thankful to see Friday (and the long weekend!!) this morning! Between wins, losses, sickness, and being back at a school for our first full week in nearly a month, we've had a week of not enough sleep and some crazy emotions. So we're hoping for a really restful, low-key weekend! 

Here's a look at my faves from our week....

*On Saturday afternoon we added a member and the 4 cousins had so much fun together. We loved having Piper with us while her parents went on a date!! And then later that night we watched our Falcons win!!

*Monday night our Bulldogs played for the National Championship and lost a heart breaker. It was awful. It was deja vu. It was depressing. It made us wonder if our state and teams are cursed. Even though we love them the same and we know it's just a game, that didn't make it any easier on us. But my favorite moment was Monday morning when Terrell had the best "cheer up" talk with the big boys who were heartbroken. It even cheered me up. He's such a good daddy. And on Monday afternoon we enjoyed another "boost" and finally got outside and had some fun in the sun! 



*Monday afternoon was really good for the boys. And mama and daddy too.

*Then in the wee hours of the morning on Wednesday our littlest love got sick. Boo. Terrell had to be at the office so I stayed home with him. Thankfully he felt much better for the rest of the day and we were able to have some quality one on one time together that really took me back to my staying home days. I was sleep deprived but loved our day together.

*Austin is doing great with reading! He got a box pack of Pete the Cat books for Christmas and has been reading one to me almost every night before bed. I'm so proud of him and love his desire to learn to read and get better and better!

*Speaking of his love of reading... This week he earned his sight word karate belt and had his name added to the wall at school. He was SO proud and excited about it!! And so were we!

*To start this year I'm using this book for my quiet times in the morning. I've had it for a while and have always pulled it out when I needed to "press pause" rather than reading it each day. It isn't necessarily a daily devotion and obviously it doesn't have an entry for each day of the year, but it has been so good for me to read daily. It's similar to a devotional with Scripture and a devotion/writing, but it also has a prayer and a few questions to help you reflect. It is a big favorite for me right now and the perfect way to start my mornings. 

The main thing on our agenda for this long weekend is party planning! We're also going to prioritize rest, play time, and buying groceries. ☺ Happy Friday!!



No comments: