Friday, January 26, 2018

This Week...

.....We returned to school, work, and our regular routine for all 5 days. And man, it's been pretty exhausting! Working 5 days a week isn't the norm (not since before Christmas at least) and it can take a toll! Haha. I think it's just been a shock to the system having to get back normal with everything. Hopefully we'll adjust soon and be back on track.

......I got sick. Nooooooo! Thankfully my bestie came to my rescue and I *hope* I'm on the mend! Losing your voice and feeling like your head might explode isn't exactly conducive to teaching 4 and 5 year olds all day. So. That hasn't been the most fun and has probably made this week seem longer than long. But, I'm thankful I've been able to be there everyday and that I'm hopefully going to be good as new soon. And I'm hoping my voice returns soon.

......Layton came down with yet another horrible runny nose and isn't feeling his best either. We can't figure out what is causing the crud to attack him but we are over it. Ugh. He can't seem to catch a break lately. It's not slowing him down too much but his little nose is constantly gross. Praying he can get past the crud soon too.

......We're trying to get ready for a birthday party. That happens TONIGHT! Eeeeeeek!! This is my first ever birthday party to attempt on a Friday night.... after working all day.... while being under the weather and having no voice! #hopewecanpullitoff Things definitely won't be perfect but I'm hoping they're the BEST for my almost 9 year old! Him and his brothers are super excited!!

......I said "goodbye" to my awesome para who is having her baby boy soon and worked her last day on yesterday. She'll be back sometime this Spring, but still. When you work with someone and get along well and sort of compliment each other as a team, change is hard. But I'm sooooo thankful my long-term sub is someone I know will be just as great once she learns the ropes and we find our groove. I'm going to be blessed with 2 wonderful partners this school year.

.......We did nothing to prepare for Layton's party coming up in 3 weeks. Huge sigh. #momguilt He finally decided on what kind of party he wants but we've been so busy with getting ready for Garrison's party and working that we haven't done the first thing for Layton's party. Party planning for Layton begins tomorrow! Top priority! We will make it happen! We can do this! 

......I finished a really good book. My first from our new library. A Life Intercepted by Charles Martin. It's a football story which I loved, but it's also one of redemption and forgiveness. I really enjoyed it.


.....Our favorite Braves player of all time was inducted into the Hall of Fame and we all watched the announcement together. ☺ I loved watching Chipper Jones play growing up and Garrison actually has some memories of watching him play too. And Austin is a sports guy through and through so he knows his history. Haha. We're super proud and excited for him. 

.....Last but not least, on a reeeally happy note, we enjoyed some more pool progress!!! It's becoming more and more real and we're getting close to finalizing the "pool phase" of our massive backyard project! We are SO excited!! 

So that's what's been happening here this week. ☺ Hopefully I'll be back to normal next week. Happy Friday! Have a great weekend!!

No comments: