Monday, June 3, 2013

Water Days

We had another really fun summer weekend. Sundays are just so much better when I don't have lunches and school to worry about! Even though I'm still having to "plan" and be somewhat organized about how we're going to spend our days, I'm loving our new schedule. We have our moments and I've definitely faced some challenges but I wouldn't trade my time off for anything.
 
Lately we have had several water days. It's been the best way to stay cool and have fun. One afternoon was super hot but we went outside anyway... only to have the boys request to play in water. Since it was almost time to start on supper and I wasn't prepared for us to don our swimsuits that day and really get soaked, we came inside and they played in water in the kitchen. Unfortuantely it didn't last too long because a certain little man was pouring water everywhere. Soooo, we switched to ice. It was a big hit and a lot less messy.  
The next day I was better prepared for the heat and we went out (in swimsuits) and played in the sprinkler and with our tubs of water. Actually, I mainly watched from my chair (which was perfectly positioned to experience the mist of the sprinkler) and enjoyed myself almost as much as the boys. This time Garrison was less impressed with the sprinkler and Austin was more impressed. Go figure. 
Then the next day, AnAn came over to go swimming with us. Yay! Since it isn't safe to take the boys swimming by myself it's a treat to get to go on a week day while daddy's at work. Austin did a lot better for his second swim of the season but still wasn't a huge fan. But my big boy was swimming all over the place with his float on. He's becoming more confident every time. Fingers crossed for swim lessons that start a week from today!
The day AnAn came we decided to eat lunch at the pool. It was really fun... and made me long for the beach. =) 
 
Our extended stay at the pool just wore out the littlest man. He decided to take a rest while we were gathering our things and getting ready to leave. He took a great nap as soon as we got home.
Then the next day, Saturday, we made another trip to the pool but this time with daddy. It was sort of overcast so we didn't stay for as long but Austin never cried about being in the pool he just let us know when he was ready to get out. Progress for sure! Garrison on the other hand would've stayed all day I think. Or until he passed out from exhaustion. He is loving swimming. The only thing I'm nervous about with swim lessons is him going under water. He does not like getting water in his face OR getting his face in the water, and has been known to leave the pool and dry his face with his towel whenever something dramatic like that happens. Oh dear. I'm just going to pray we have a good experience and that he comes away loving to swim even more... as opposed to the opposite.

 
I didn't get any pictures of Austin in the pool (because I was his swim partner) but I did capture him enjoying his snack. Baby boy could lounge and snack for a while. Sounds good to me!
It doesn't look like we'll get in many water days this week but we sure enjoyed them last week. Happy Monday!!

No comments: