Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day Weekend

We had a great Father's Day weekend! It was one of my favorite ever... but since it's not about me I hope my husband, daddy, and father-in-law enjoyed their weekend as much as I did. =)

We kicked things off Saturday morning with family pictures. They are all frame worthy so I'm excited to get them printed soon. I'm not sure why the coloring/lighting is different in the picture I made. Gracious. My photography skills definitely need some work, but I'm still in love. It doesn't get much better than a sweet picture of all my boys. 



After our little photo shoot we got on the road to meet Terrell's family for an early lunch. We had such a good time catching up and eating good food. And we made a few more pictures. =)


After lunch Terrell's parents came back to Covington with us and we had ice cream on the Square. The boys LOVED every second of that special treat.

Saturday afternoon while Austin napped and Terrell stayed home with him, Garrison and I headed out to the pool to practice swimming. He did SO good on Friday at his little swim performance at Ms. Glenda's house. We couldn't believe how much he learned! One of the last things she told the parents though was that we have to take our kiddos swimming this summer- LOTS, or they'll forget everything they learned. Sooo, we went off to practice the first chance we got. He did really good. He's got the basics of swimming down so now all he truly needs is more and more practice to become a good swimmer. Yay!!

Saturday night Terrell chose Mellow Mushroom for supper. Yum!! But before we left he got to open presents. The boys were super excited. Especially Garrison.

Sunday we drove to Barnesville to go to church and spend the day with my family. We got to enjoy a huge, delicious lunch with my dad and PawPaw and then spent the afternoon hanging out and relaxing. Terrell especially enjoyed the relaxing part. I think his nap was longer than Austin's. Haha. Plus we got in a walk and bike ride before the boys put more miles on the jeep. Then, my parents grilled for us for supper. We even had a Happy Father's Day cookie cake for dessert. The food we consumed this weekend was soooo good. (Work-outs coming soon.) It was such a fun day trip and we enjoyed every second.

Father's Day weekend was definitely a blessing and I am so thankful my boys have such a special daddy, Pops, Papa, and PawPaw to look up to!

No comments: