Friday, June 14, 2013

Blessed with the Best

These 2 are blessed with the best daddy ever. I hope they always know that and appreciate God's gift to them in the form of their daddy. 
I remember way back in middle school and possibly into high school... 7th, 8th, 9th grade... when I prayed regularly for my future husband and had a whole list of qualities I wanted him to possess. My list was probably a little immature and idealistic, but one of the biggies- one of the really important and realistic ones- was that he would want kids and that he would be a great dad. Specifically, an involved, hands-on, patient, fun, great dad.

Well God answered that prayer in a big way, and I'm reminded of it regularly.

He plays with the boys every single day after work. They always know extra play time is coming when daddy gets home because he makes a point to play with them daily.

 
He lets them be his helpers... lots. =)

He runs through sprinklers with them and isn't afraid of getting dirty, messy, or wet with them.
 
He sets a great example for them by helping in the kitchen every night, taking care of my least favorite chores, and even doing laundry occassionally!  
 
He is a hard worker and great provider for his family.
 
He even takes the boys on fun wagon rides or trips for ice cream or just outside to play so I can have a few minutes to myself.
 
We are so thankful for daddy and the way he loves us and takes care of us. We have definitely been blessed with the best, and we're looking forward to celebrating him this weekend along with all the other important dads in our life. Happy Father's Day weekend!! 

No comments: