Tuesday, June 4, 2013

8 Years

8 years ago today I married my amazing husband. My high school and college sweetheart, best friend, and teammate for life. The man who has seen me at my worst and loved me anyway. The man who knows how to make me laugh more than anyone else. The man who shares my highest highs and lowest lows with me and beside me. The man who encourages me, listens to me, argues with me, and even makes me crazy mad sometimes.

We had no idea the day we said our vows what marriage would really be like. The compromise required. The acceptance of each other's weaknesses and annoyances required. The communication required. The effort required.

But, despite the work that marriage requires it is equally fun and special and rewarding and adventurous to share your life with your very best friend. To have that person. The one who knows you, loves you, and puts up with you. To tackle things together. To support one another. To balance each other out. To lean on. To confide in. To vent to. To laugh and cry with.

I love the story of us and praise God for it all. Our past, present, and hopes and dreams for the future. Our friendship, our fun, and even our plain ole everyday...crazy and all.

There's no one else I'd rather share my days with. Happy Anniversary Terrell Selph...I'm looking forward to celebrating many, many more with you!!

No comments: