Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Dates, A Countdown, & Party Planning

*I had a lunch date with these 2 cuties today. One of our favorite Mexican restaurants has a special almost every Tuesday during lunch when they have tacos for $1.00. Yes please! We ordered 4 and paid around $6.00 for our lunch. (Terrell would've loved to join us but he has a Rotary meeting every Tuesday for lunch.) My dates did great... except for the part when Austin somehow punctured his cup of water and caused a fast moving leak. Other than that we were drama and incident free. I see a few more "Taco Tuesdays" in our future this summer.

*Then tonight my hubby grilled up some delicious pork chops for his family... in the pouring rain. He's a good man. They were so yummy and we were so appreciative. We enjoyed a nice family date at home.

*The countdown for the beach is on. We're almost to single digits! Yaaaaay!! Terrell and I are especially excited about this year's trip because it should be a little easier and even more fun than last year's trip. We don't have to worry about a feeding schedule, bottles, or a morning nap. Austin will still need an afternoon nap and both boys will still need to go to bed at a decent hour every night, but our days on the beach should be lighter, more carefree, and lots of fun. On Father's Day we made our big grocery list and divided up what everyone would bring and decided on evening meals/restaurants for every night. It's getting closer and closer. We are all excited. Garrison can't stop talking about it. =)

*Party planning is underway for Austin's 2nd birthday. Sort of. Because his birthday is September 3rd and there is SO much going on with the start of the new school year leading up to September 3rd (and last year's party planning paired with the start of the school year stressed me out big time), I've vowed to try to have his party completely planned before the first day of school. Which means we've gotta get a move on. I'm just really torn at this point about what theme to go with. And you can't do much planning until you have a theme. Sigh.

The dilemma with this year's party is the fact that Austin likes several things... trucks, trains, balls, Elmo, Mater. But he truly loves one thing... Mickey Mouse.

The thing is, mama is sort of over Mickey Mouse. Terrible I know. It's just that we already did a Mickey Mouse party for Garrison when he turned 3 and I don't want a repeat of what we already did. At this point I'm completely out of new Mickey Mouse ideas. There are none. Zero.

I reeeally want to pick something else. Really and truly. But if Austin understood he had a birthday coming up and we'd be celebrating with a party and he could decide for himself what theme he wanted for it, I think he would choose Mouse. Ahhhhh. What to do, what to do? For some reason, character parties are just harder for me. I guess because they typcially aren't unique and original. One way or another a final decision must be made about this theme. In some ways I think I should just go with Mickey Mouse and try to make the best of it. In other ways I want to be selfish and decide what I think would be best, cutest, more unique, more fun, etc, etc. and pick something different. I am extremely indecisive so this could take a while...

3 comments:

Megan said...

We're down to single digits for our beach trip too! We leave next Thursday & can't wait. Sadly our trip is really just a long weekend, but should still be fun! Where are you guys going? We decided on Panama City this year.
Henry had a Mickey party for his 2nd bday in April. Good luck, character parties are hard!
Megan

Meggie said...

We're going to Panama City too! It's one of our favorite places ever. =) Hope y'all have a great trip!! Maybe I'll make a final party decision sometime. I keep going back and forth...

Megan said...

Lol I haven't been to PC since college, I'm sure it's changed a lot! Hope you guys have a great trip too!!

It's so hard. I ended up throwing Henry's party together in 2 weeks...I was busy & probably in denial he was turning 2. It's good you're starting early, you still have some time to decide & can get it done before school starting back. Whatever you decide will be perfect & fun I'm sure!