Monday, June 24, 2013

5 Things

1. We had a great weekend! I had a girls day on Saturday and went with my mom and sister to try on wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses. I'm now thinking my sister may be even more indecisive than me. Who knew that was even possible? But, these were pretty big decisions so I guess 3 hours plus in David's Bridal is to be expected. Anna's dress is gorgeous and I'm in love with the bridemaid dresses she chose. All the indecisiveness was worth it! I'm so excited about the big day!!
 
2. Terrell and the boys had a fun day together while I was away and went shopping for Austin some new shoes, Terrell a new swim suit, and made a stop by Chuck E. Chesse. He is such a good daddy. He sent me this picture Saturday morning. I am so blessed!

3. Saturday evening when I got home Terrell took us out to Chili's for supper. We don't eat at Chili's (or many other slow food restaurants) that often but when we do it's always so good. We did the 2 for $20 deal and were able to take home leftovers to have yesterday after church. I'm thinking we should go there more often. I definitely enjoyed my date with 3 handsome boys very much.

4. Yesterday afternoon the whole fam loaded up and went on a big ole shopping trip for groceries... to get us through this week AND for vacation. We are only 5 days away now!! Technically 4.5. =)
5. This morning the boys and I made one more shopping trip to Target... and the boys behaved terrible. It was a record. A very bad one. There was hitting, fighting, crying, and yelling involved. Much threatening and warning was done the second we got back in the car. Gracious. They are usually so good in public. I guess I was due a bad experience. But the good news is that we are now officially ready to go and start our vacation in 4.5 days! Yay!!! We may have drove people crazy in Target but mama was determined and we got what we needed, drama and all. As soon as we got back home the boys went into Garrison's room, sat down at his table together, and read books and played with stickers like perfect little angels and the best of friends right up until I called them for lunch. I least I know they love each other... even if the people in Target don't.

***And just in case you're in need of one more bit of good news... We have made a final decision about Austin's birthday party. Mickey Mouse it is. I made one teensy little purchase for the party decor today so there's no turning back now! It was reeeally tough to get going with the planning but now that I've finally made some progress I think I'm going to have fun with it and it's going to be perfect. Best of all, my littlest man should love it. =)
Happy Monday!!  

No comments: